• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 18-20th Fluff Bomb Special

dryslot

RPM is 12-16 around ORH esp higher elevs... About 8 at BOS. 10-12 for the NW suburbs, around 128 to MQE, 8 to around Brockton, 4-5 around TAN, 2-4 in PYM, 6-8 PVD, around 8 in Tolland, Typical 8-10 inch screwzone btwn Ashland and Woodstock NH, 16-20 in the usual upslope spots from NO. Conway to SE of Berlin NH

Pretty reasonable

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tough when you can't see the in-between panels because this run looks worse than the 00z for the snow geese, despite what other are saying.  But perhaps it is just the resolution of only seeing the 24-hourly panels -- heh

The D4 thing is gone entirely on this run - fun little signal while it lasted.  Now swings it wide right.  

Let's see how it f* up the latter one now, too -

Forgive me for being out of the loop, but I assumed mix was a lock judging by the discussion I've seen in here? I can't believe there is a discussion of all snow as an outside possibility.

It would have to pass near the outer Cape and bomb I think. The mid levels will warm so a change to pellets anyways and probably a little marine influence, but temps will probably only be mid 30s or so. It's really close...mostly snow is not out of the realm of possibilities. I'd be pumped if I lived even near 128.

tough when you can't see the in-between panels because this run looks worse than the 00z for the snow geese, despite what other are saying.  But perhaps it is just the resolution of only seeing the 24-hourly panels -- heh

The D4 thing is gone entirely on this run - fun little signal while it lasted.  Now swings it wide right.  

Let's see how it f* up the latter one now, too -

The front end was a little less potent, but it had a nice redevelopment of precip as the secondary develops and strong s/w approaches...especially up by your latitude.

It would have to pass near the outer Cape and bomb I think. The mid levels will warm so a change to pellets anyways and probably a little marine influence, but temps will probably only be mid 30s or so. It's really close...mostly snow is not out of the realm of possibilities. I'd be pumped if I lived even near 128.

Good to have you on board with the glass half full, when your pessimistic your usually right

Boom, I am pumped. Looks like another day of classes canceled tomorrow and I've still got snow in some spots. I'm usually a couple degrees cooler than bos so hopefully I'll get some extra time with snow as Ptype.

Boom, I am pumped. Looks like another day of classes canceled tomorrow and I've still got snow in some spots. I'm usually a couple degrees cooler than bos so hopefully I'll get some extra time with snow as Ptype.

I remember a few storms as a kid where we'd get 2 or 3 inches of mashed and West Peabody would accumulate a foot. Hopefully this one isn't one of them.

I remember a few storms as a kid where we'd get 2 or 3 inches of mashed and West Peabody would accumulate a foot. Hopefully this one isn't one of them.

Those are *brutal.* luckily I haven't really seen any storms like that this year and I'm definitely hoping that isn't the case this time.

Usually that happens if the temps are really marginal and an E wind gets involved, you can leave from one side of town on slushy roads and get to West Peabody and it looks like Tolland out there lol.

What would be the timing on the stinger? 7PMish?

Prob a bit earlier when it starts..maybe more like mid/late afternoon. That's assuming it occurs...it could be a bit more tame too, but the trend has been for it to be more dynamic and develop quicker, so that is a good thing.

Radar looks like frontal nudity out in UNV. Reporting s+ out there. It's going to roar tonight

The only thing that's slightly discouraging is that there isn't much showing up on radar at all over the NJ/E PA/MD/DE area, where NAM and some of the members were showing precip breaking out. Will be interesting to see how it develops tonight. Dew-points still near or slightly below zero in NE Conn...

Bumpty bump up.........

MEZ012-018-019-023-024-NHZ003>010-013-014-191100-/O.CON.KGYX.WS.W.0006.130319T0400Z-130320T0400Z/SOUTHERN OXFORD-INTERIOR YORK-INTERIOR CUMBERLAND-COASTAL YORK-COASTAL CUMBERLAND-NORTHERN GRAFTON-NORTHERN CARROLL-SOUTHERN GRAFTON-SOUTHERN CARROLL-SULLIVAN-MERRIMACK-BELKNAP-STRAFFORD-INTERIOR ROCKINGHAM-COASTAL ROCKINGHAM-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...RUMFORD...NORWAY...FRYEBURG...OXFORD...SANFORD...BERWICK...NORTH WINDHAM...GORHAM...BRIDGTON...BIDDEFORD...SACO...OLD ORCHARD BEACH...KITTERY...PORTLAND...SOUTH PORTLAND...WESTBROOK...LITTLETON...NORTH CONWAY...LEBANON...HANOVER...PLYMOUTH...WOLFEBORO...OSSIPEE...CLAREMONT...NEWPORT...CHARLESTOWN...CONCORD...HOOKSETT...LACONIA...MEREDITH...ROCHESTER...DOVER...SALEM...DERRY...EXETER...PORTSMOUTH...HAMPTON259 PM EDT MON MAR 18 2013...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHTTO MIDNIGHT EDT TUESDAY NIGHT...* LOCATIONS...CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE AND SOUTHWEST   MAINE* HAZARD TYPES...SNOW* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 12 TO 16 INCHES.* TIMING...LATE TONIGHT INTO TUESDAY NIGHT.* IMPACTS...ROADS WILL BECOME SNOW COVERED AND SLIPPERY.   SNOWFALL RATES OF AN INCH OR MORE AN HOUR POSSIBLE. SOME POWER   OUTAGES ARE POSSIBLE NEAR THE COAST IN HEAVY WET SNOW. THE   SNOW MAY CHANGE TO RAIN FOR A PERIOD ALONG THE COAST TUESDAY   AFTERNOON...MAINLY SOUTH OF PORTLAND.* WINDS...EAST 5 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 MPH.* TEMPERATURES...UPPER 20S TO LOWER 30S.* VISIBILITIES...WILL BE REDUCED TO ONE QUARTER MILE AT TIMES IN  HEAVY SNOW.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHERCONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECASTTHAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN AN EMERGENCY. IFYOU MUST TRAVEL...KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT...FOOD...AND WATER INYOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.

Jesus...you only have 49.1"? I thought I was in a relative hole iwth 67.5"....

yep and i am meticulous at measuring...dude its brutal here, even with the blizzard in which the death band looked like it would pivot overhead with those beautiful bright colors that put down the insane totals in ct...right as those bright colors were heading towards enfield they washed right out lol..

we did fine but it was the reason we didn't get those extra eight to twelve inches that areas just south and east of us had...and up to sixteen inches more in the hardest hit area..

Archived