• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 18-20th Fluff Bomb Special

dryslot

Barry burbank has been tweeting up a storm last few hours. Basically things we have discussed here. I would say him and harv are the top of the crop in the bos tv area.

couple of his latest off twitter

"The precipitation will be heaviest on the front end of the storm say 2-8am and perhaps even heavier on the back end say 4-9pm'

"The snow line could collapse back toward Boston later tomorrow afternoon with the second burst of heavier precip."

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done... props on what looks pretty good in NNE, too.  Any reason you decided to add that area to your map for this storm, even though it obviously is way outside your region?

We have the usual map... just wanted to show ski country for our 5:30 show... a little different.

Didn't really get into a lot of elevation detail up there but it's the basic idea. 

We have the usual map... just wanted to show ski country for our 5:30 show... a little different.

Didn't really get into a lot of elevation detail up there but it's the basic idea. 

And ski country appreciates it, I'm sure ;)

Haha.

That's a pretty good overall view though for keeping it basic without getting into terrain nuances. 

Here's what we're thinking for the region... that banner should read "through Wednesday"

Pretty much what I was thinking yesterday. Get ready for the nasty FB messages, posts, e-mails, calls when the precip tapers off from tonight/Tuesday AM's PIVA thump and folks have only 1/3 - 1/2 of the expected snowfall.

Will since u are a savant, any analogs jump out not wrt to the SWFE (part 1) but that highlight the potential of part 2 for Northern mass (secondary getting going)

a lot of the individual members of the 12z gefs seem to have 128 area (N) of boston in for some hvy rates tomm late pm/evening .....which look like it would be hvy snow. the 12z gfs OP seems furthest NW of all the panel wrt to 0c 850 line which i like seeing to be more bullish for tommorrow pm

Pickles what are you talking about? We all commented on the Euro. It's within the range.

i wasnt the one who said nobody talked about the euro being less impressive

I said if you aren't a met and u say the "euro looks less impressive on WAA snows" you are labeled a downer and a bridge jumper in a knee jerk fashion and it's the lumping of this discussion into weenie talk that is something that irks some people on here, me included. Because it doesn't foster an atmosphere for discussion, and it seems this is motivated sometimes,  by that in doing so, ambiguity of a forecast is maintained, and AWT's passed around easier. But honestly i'm just focused on this storm and how it will be exciting to get accumulating snow into bos at this time of year.

It may be worth starting a thread for the late week event... 15z SREFs have some wild solutions and the mean brings at least a light snowfall to most of SNE up into coastal NNE.    Although this certainly isn't the time to use the SREFs, it is an interesting signal that the meso-models like ARW/NMM have been showing, too. 

i wasnt the one who said nobody talked about the euro being less impressive

I said if you aren't a met and u say the "euro looks less impressive on WAA snows" you are labeled a downer and a bridge jumper in a knee jerk fashion and it's the lumping of this discussion into weenie talk that is something that irks some people on here, me included. Because it doesn't foster an atmosphere for discussion, and it seems this is motivated sometimes, by that in doing so, ambiguity of a forecast is maintained, and AWT's passed around easier.

Well I mentioned bridge jumper and downer because people were acting like this is a bust so thought you meant me. My apologies if not. Looks like its going as planned to me. Like I said...my only question mark are the prolific numbers near the ma/nh border.

It may be worth starting a thread for the late week event... 15z SREFs have some wild solutions and the mean brings at least a light snowfall to most of SNE up into coastal NNE.    Although this certainly isn't the time to use the SREFs, it is an interesting signal that the meso-models like ARW/NMM have been showing, too. 

Latest EC has it as well.

Well I mentioned bridge jumper and downer because people were acting like this is a bust so thought you meant me. My apologies if not. Looks like its going as planned to me. Like I said...my only question mark are the prolific numbers near the ma/nh border.

no worries

I do like the look of alot of 12z gefs members showing 850 line further SE and more qpf from bos N.  Seems like potential for a serious band to rip thru even the 128 belt but it's a close call. nowcast tomm pm should be fun , it is the gefs, but again it seems like most models show this and they seem to be trending a tad better.  I wonder what the upper end of this "part 2" could be. seems like a 3-5 hr shot potentially and if all goes right 3-5 laid down. would go more conservative now, but there is this potential.

Pittsfield is spelled wrong on the ABC map too. LOL

Classic.  It's so funny to watch these stations  So many of the news captions have typos.  Cameras pointing to the wrong people.  Cut-aways never cut away.  All the laughs you can get in a newscast.  But--they do a great job of the high school sports which are always the lead sports story.

Pittsfield is spelled wrong on the ABC map too. LOL

Classic.  It's so funny to watch these stations  So many of the news captions have typos.  Cameras pointing to the wrong people.  Cut-aways never cut away.  All the laughs you can get in a newscast.  But--they do a great job of the high school sports which are always the lead sports story.

just wow.. wmur isn't the most professional station in the world, but their Mets know the viewing area inside out.

Archived