joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 18-20th Fluff Bomb Special

dryslot

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10-15.  ratios high in the waa and the deform band (according to GYX), so an inch of qpf will get us 12+  

:weenie:

Yeah BTV mentioned ratios of 15:1, which is how they are getting the higher snowfall... I hate banking on ratios for snowfall, especially in March though this airmass is definitely more like January.

Yeah BTV mentioned ratios of 15:1, which is how they are getting the higher snowfall... I hate banking on ratios for snowfall, especially in March though this airmass is definitely more like January.

SREF_XPROB_DEND_100__f018.gif

Pretty deep DGZ progged with the WAA thump. Definitely not your typical March snowstorm.

Have you gotten a chance to look at any soundings? A deep dgz and strong lift well positioned through the dgz could aid in higher ratios in addition to the airmass being January like in mid March.

Yeah, that looks pretty good for here. Funny I was just writing about the dgz as you made your post.

I've loved those SPC SREF plots of DGZ depth ever since I sat in on a presentation a few years ago during DVN's winter weather workshop by one of the WI offices (ARX or MKX). It was all about extreme ratio snowfall (20+:1) and how to identify it.

Moderate snow here, probably around 1/2 inch OTG. I'm expecting 2-4" before a changeover.

This will be my final post on the boards for reasons outlined below in my sig, for those of you who have made me welcome here, thank you, it is much appretiated.

-skisheep

Moderate snow here, probably around 1/2 inch OTG. I'm expecting 2-4" before a changeover.

This will be my final post on the boards for reasons outlined below in my sig, for those of you who have made me welcome here, thank you, it is much appretiated.

-skisheep

Two things:

First--that sucks, and I hope you return!  Secondly, thanks for being part of these discusssion.

Lastly, good luck getting a couple inches from this.

-skisheep

I'm sure you will be baaaaaack soon

Archived