Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
March 18-20th Fluff Bomb Special

dryslot

Ryan and Scooter say we are at 85 inches

You've got to be higher than that because I'm at 85 or 86" (I don't have my numbers in front of me) and I know you were under some better echos for a couple of storms and had a few more than I did.  I'm a pretty conservative measurer between you and the Staffordville guy.

I say that several of us break the 100" mark this season with the 1+ month that is left.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch the daytime tomorrow...low rates = melting. I'm basically taking QPF and subtracting 20% for lack of snowfall rates.

These past few night have been teens and single digits this am, There has not been much warming, Temps don't look to go above freezing here tomorrow so i don't think even in crap rates we see much melting

The ORH snowfall record is actually 132.9" in '95-'96, not 120.1" in 1992-1993. I suppose "officially" it is still '92-'93 in the NCDC data base, but strangely enough at NRCC at Cornell, the 132.9" figure is listed in their April 1996 news letter. NWS BOX I believe recognizes this as well although in their snow table for ORH, they still have the incorrect 97.9" listed for 1995-1996.

http://www.news.cornell.edu/releases/May96/NRCC_April96.bpf.html

Thanks for this info., Will.

Hopefully, that error will be fixed. As a side note, the dates on the Regional Snowfall Index site (http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/snow-and-ice/rsi/societal-impacts) showing snowstorms in various parts of the country are also off for various storms.

You've got to be higher than that because I'm at 85 or 86" (I don't have my numbers in front of me) and I know you were under some better echos for a couple of storms and had a few more than I did. I'm a pretty conservative measurer between you and the Staffordville guy.

I say that several of us break the 100" mark this season with the 1+ month that is left.

Whats the coop dude in Staffordville have YTD?

These past few night have been teens and single digits this am, There has not been much warming, Temps don't look to go above freezing here tomorrow so i don't think even in crap rates we see much melting

You're sunny today, right? Air temps are 8-12F here while roads temps are in the 40s already. I was more referencing roads, not so much grassy surfaces. March sun does wonders. You'll RIP after 21z tomorrow though.

You're sunny today, right? Air temps are 8-12F here while roads temps are in the 40s already. I was more referencing roads, not so much grassy surfaces. March sun does wonders. You'll RIP after 21z tomorrow though.

Yea, Ok, You were talking pavement, Ice will be a problem early on with this one on roads once they cool

Really?  Isnt' that snow on the back end of the NAM down that way?

No... here's the QPF from hours 27-30. And here's the 850mb temperatures at 30 hours. 

Temperatures remain too warm for that to stay snow south of the Pike. Sleet or rain (or in the NW Hills of CT... freezing rain) will be the rule. 

post-40-0-13755000-1363617596_thumb.png

post-40-0-93508900-1363617606_thumb.png

You'd think the last storm would've disabused people of the notion that snow can't stick during the day in March. This setup is colder, and the rates should be plenty intense.

It may be tough for you because it's torched aloft down there. It could occur if this stays a bit se though.

If the whole thing trended colder... possibly. But at least right now we're torched 775-850mb so when we get that second wave we're still not cold enough for snow. I could see us rip pingers though.

If the whole thing trended colder... possibly. But at least right now we're torched 775-850mb so when we get that second wave we're still not cold enough for snow. I could see us rip pingers though.

Yeah it may be tough there. This might be one of those deals where VVs rip and can help flip the column over to snow. It's tough to really call that down there..I think you'd have to see how the GFS and Euro look. Might be better further north obviously.

Archived