• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Spring

Mr Torchey

What a day... high of 45F and wall-to-wall sunshine.  Just took the dog for a walk on the rec path (still covered) and its that nice spring sugaring snow.   Great ski day, decent sun tan, raccoon eye style.  Amazing how strong the sun is this time of year, especially reflected off a deep snowpack all day long.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that would be a super torch D10 and beyond. 

80s anyone?

Even though I am a warmista I hope that doesn't happen. I don't keep records but it seems that when we have these April mega-torches  they are followed by meh summers. I would rather have the torching in summer than spring.

First golf of the year...18 holes in lakeville. Pretty comfortable when the wind died down. Amazing the amount of tree damage on the course. Not just trees tipped over at the roots, but big white pines with their trunks snapped 5 feet off the groud.

2 weeks til my myrtle beach golf extravaganza.

major severe for OH/TN valley?  haven't checked the main thread, but looks like a decent overall pattern anyway.

Hadn't looked at long range models in a while, but I'd drive to see a sig/higher end event OH-AL.  Hard not to get excited for bright sun and building heat, humidity.

gfs_namer_276_10m_wnd_precip.gifAnd finally.. :weenie:    Just heard the sound of 1,000 winter warlocks closing the shades shut. *whwhhhhpppptttt* :>

gfs_namer_384_850_temp_ht.gif

Winter's over..so much for all the cold and snow that was supposed to continue well into April...we've had day after day of sunny weather...reminds me of early January this year-beyond boring...let's get a big cutter with some wind driven rains and southerly gales or something...

This will be chilly, but it pales in comparison to 4/9/97. For some reason I distinctly remember that day. We had some flurries in the AM and all day it was sustained 20-30mph winds with temps in the 20s.

Looking at NARR for that day for the first time, looks like we had -20C 850s in C NH that day.

Archived