Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Spring

Mr Torchey

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a Day!!!!

61 bdl 59 hfd 55 bdr 58 dxr 57 hvn59 ijd 58 tan 60 pvd 60 mqe 59 bos 58 cef 55 orh

and 56 at the hacienda at lunch hour.

Deep winter has run rampant the last 7-9 days........looks like a couple cool days finally before normal returns late week and we start to ramp things up in western new england while out east enjoys sheet drizzle.

Just saw a FB post from a friend of mine in Portsmouth saying something like "it's almost 60, it's spring".

I said waaaaa?  We've been stuck in the low/mid 40s all day and I had no idea how warm it was down on the CP till I saw that post.  Still have some snow and the mud is f-ing terrible.

Yeah there's no forsythia blooming anywhere lol. If it ain't blooming downtown it certainly isn't anywhere else

Actually at least down here, things will bloom ten miles inland well before here at the coast, which makes sense.  Once seabreeze season kicks in just a few miles inland is much warmer, looks like that starts later this weekend on the Euro.

With the boundary either over us or more likely stuck to our south we are in deep Doo Doo if you want prancing and dancing

well, I was told below normal everyday from mid march until mid april, I will take my chances I think I have a good handle on temps right now.  The next two days are certainly autumnal.

Actually at least down here, things will bloom ten miles inland well before here at the coast, which makes sense.  Once seabreeze season kicks in just a few miles inland is much warmer, looks like that starts later this weekend on the Euro.

When I lived on Long Island we used to go and visit Montauk quite a bit with my son who liked the lighthouse. One time we went in Mid-May and while we had full foilage in Lake Grove, the tree's where completely bare once you got out onto the south fork of Long Island due to the ocean effect cold temps.

Should be the first time since April 2007 Logan airport goes to 32F or below.

It's amazing we've had so little cold weather in late-winter until this year. No snow in March and no freezes in April for a while now. 

Central Park had a low of 38F last April and a low of 40F in April 2010 (+5.4)...

My forecast for this week looks a bit different: 27F tonight, 43/26 tomorrow, 42/26 Wedneday, 47/37 Friday. Definitely some nice chill. You've got to wonder if it's important to get sub-freezing nights to prevent the propagation of certain diseases and the spread of certain insects.  

I keep hearing about cold, just saw WHDH at 11pm...looked awesome after the next few days upper 50s or 60s?

Days have been nice on the CP the past week.   Peepers are few and far between so far this year in the usual earlier spots in Greenfield/Shelburne.  I would guess about 3 weeks later than last years Mid-Morch summer.   I'm down to about 10% snow cover which is impressive considering NW MA was far removed from the jackpot zones after the Nemo/Blizzard event of early Ferbuary.    28/13 imby currently which will give the remaining, moisture laden snow piles a few more days on life support. lol

Days have been nice on the CP the past week.   Peepers are few and far between so far this year in the usual earlier spots in Greenfield/Shelburne.  I would guess about 3 weeks later than last years Mid-Morch summer.   I'm down to about 10% snow cover which is impressive considering NW MA was far removed from the jackpot zones after the Nemo/Blizzard event of early Ferbuary.    28/13 imby currently which will give the remaining, moisture laden snow piles a few more days on life support. lol

I had gone for a walk yesterday morning.  As I passed a couple vernal ponds, I was thinking how there haven't been any peepers this season.  Seeing the snow melt and temps around 50 for a couple days recently, I'd have thought they'd be around.

Other sights, sounds, and smells from the farm make it clear that spring is here.  Who needs Lesco when you've got 150 dairy cattle wondering about?

Archived