northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Spring

Mr Torchey

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It also needs to take place primarily overnight Friday probably so gonna take some luck.  But I'd love to have one more before the Spring doldrums.

Nice low of 21 here today. The ground is still mercifully frozen..next week mud hell begins I guess.

Euro tickles us too. The cold is marginal even for interior, but another cold front is moving SE. If those two s/w's can phase..that's an interior blue bomb.

The start of another awesome spring day.

26F and dead calm at 3,600ft for sunrise... over 1,000 people at the top this morning for the Easter Sunrise. 

Looks like the spring honeymoon ends tonight though as snow moves in... looking for up to 3" overnight in the higher elevations, then several days of NW flow snow showers.  Highs won't get above freezing on Tuesday/Wednesday, teens at the summit.

This will be chilly, but it pales in comparison to 4/9/97. For some reason I distinctly remember that day. We had some flurries in the AM and all day it was sustained 20-30mph winds with temps in the 20s.

Looking at NARR for that day for the first time, looks like we had -20C 850s in C NH that day.

Its very comforting to know that we won't be breaking records for cold like 4/9/97....will make it a much nicer day.

Happy Easter everyone!

I don't think I'd rule out snow if that late week low could phase enough to pull good moisture back into the elevated areas from the Berkshires west.   But this year very few lows could even do that in the winter.

At least Phil will get some good wind if the GFS is right.

16 years ago today we were getting one hell of a weenie storm. 

Archived