• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Spring

Mr Torchey

His torch talk about it getting warm after 3/5 was an epic fail. We had two big snowstorms after that date and well below avg temps.

But everyone busts. There's a reason its not an easy field. The LR forecasts from a lot of vendors were a fail calling for the end of winter in mid-February. It was a weird year.

He also said bdr would finish above normal and beautiful weather for Easter. Bdr finish -1 that day with clouds.

I thought all airports last night would go below 32 never happen. It is what it is. My no 60's for NYC just barely workout. NYC hit 59 on the 30th. We all bust, it happens

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The past 3 days have had impressive winter feeling cold. Kind of miserable at this point.

Are you counting today?  Monday was awesome.I hit 60F.  Today will be back to normal as well so not sure about 3 days.  Tuesday was the worst with the winds.  Yesterday was a little less with the few degrees tacked on and the lower winds.

Another record low tied down here during this cold snap

SXUS71 KOKX 022036

RERLGA

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY

437 PM EDT TUE APR 02 2013

...RECORD LOW TEMPERATURE SET AT LAGUARDIA NY...

A RECORD LOW TEMPERATURE OF 34 DEGREES WAS SET AT LAGUARDIA NY

TODAY. THIS TIES THE OLD RECORD OF 34 SET IN 1964.

Are you counting today?  Monday was awesome.I hit 60F.  Today will be back to normal as well so not sure about 3 days.  Tuesday was the worst with the winds.  Yesterday was a little less with the few degrees tacked on and the lower winds.

yes counting today .....at least this morning.

I agree Scooter, as of today April 4 the year 2013 on this planet known as Earth, I pledge to have a departure free spring and summer.  Thou shall not post any departures no matter how cold nor deliciously high, even double digit dandy's.

I agree Scooter, as of today April 4 the year 2013 on this planet known as Earth, I pledge to have a departure free spring and summer.  Thou shall not post any departures no matter how cold nor deliciously high, even double digit dandy's.

People only post departures to bust balls...lets face it. Everyone knows where to look...there isn't a need for that. I mean if you have a +/- 20 day then that's obviously noteworthy, but no reason to post how ORH was -2. Nobody cares.

People only post departures to bust balls...lets face it. Everyone knows where to look...there isn't a need for that. I mean if you have a +/- 20 day then that's obviously noteworthy, but no reason to post how ORH was -2. Nobody cares.

Yes, there certainly has been a lot of ball bustin' from both the frigid frank camp and warmanista's.

sunny

Here's a good stat...since the middle of March, ORH (whom LL proclaimed the torch spot of SNE) is -4.2F.

His torch talk about it getting warm after 3/5 was an epic fail. We had two big snowstorms after that date and well below avg temps.

But everyone busts. There's a reason its not an easy field. The LR forecasts from a lot of vendors were a fail calling for the end of winter in mid-February. It was a weird year.

Yeah, even JB the king of winter bit on that one...he busted horribly but all is forgiven since it was a good bust

Archived