CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Spring

Mr Torchey

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

clouds moving out as the big "Storm" move out to sea.  Let the 3-4 day torch begin...

I wouldn't even call this a torch. If anything it may be more seasonal with the exception of maybe Monday or Tuesday depending which model verifies. Let's hope it's not the GFS; I'll welcome temperatures in the mid to upper 60's.

I wouldn't even call this a torch. If anything it may be more seasonal with the exception of maybe Monday or Tuesday depending which model verifies. Let's hope it's not the GFS; I'll welcome temperatures in the mid to upper 60's.

it's a relative torch given the recent chill.   If it's sunny and 55-60, that will feel like an inferno after the last month....

Yeah tomorrow is actually going to be below average for the day. Sunday could be nice too if we can get the clouds out of here early enough. Monday is the real winner and it has looked that way for the past 2-3 days now.

Tuesday is a definite wildcard as well. I could see that one being very nice or pretty lousy. I've been hedging on the latter so far, but we'll see how guidance looks over the next 24-36 hours.

Yeah tomorrow is actually going to be below average for the day. Sunday could be nice too if we can get the clouds out of here early enough. Monday is the real winner and it has looked that way for the past 2-3 days now.

Tuesday is a definite wildcard as well. I could see that one being very nice or pretty lousy. I've been hedging on the latter so far, but we'll see how guidance looks over the next 24-36 hours.

Yeah if we get rain and an east wind on Tuesday game over. Definitely a wildcard though. I also think it's safe to say Monday is a lock.

It sure came, came with one of the best March winter storms in years.

This part gets overlooked amongst some of the temperature departure fetish folks. I would argue that snowfall is a large component of whether a month was wintry or not. Nobody remembers February 2011 as being an overly wintry month (esp after the first two days) despite the fact we had below average temperatures that month. The lack of snowfall made everyone say winter ended on Feb 2nd. That's a bit of stretch because BOS did get a 5.3" storm on the 27th, but you get the idea.

Fast forward to March 2013...BOS had slightly below average temperatures, however they had their snowiest March in 20 years including a top 5 March snowstorm and the 7th snowiest March on record. ORH had their 8th snowiest March on record and their 2nd largest March snowstorm on record...which also happened to be the 7th largest snowstorm of any month. Throw in having most of or all (depending on your location) of the month with snow cover, you aren't going to fool many people into thinking it was a typical March in terms of winter wx.

Rain fail, Kevins 4th snow fail in a row, maybe 5 really can't remember.  Love seeing okx going with 58 today, 50 tomorrow than 60 sun mon tues.............sounds like deep deep winter to me.

AND LOL at people comparing this spring to last years record warmth, I would expect more from pro's I mean seriously????  That would be like comparing a normal winter to 95 96 and saying climo sucked and was a piss poor winter.

LOL LOL LOL

Blue skies on the western horizon!!

VIVA LA SPRING

I have said it before and will say it again. you sir are a broken record. didnt you just say this the other day?

we all know there is no comparison to last year. the only person even bring that up is you.

so far this is a fairly normal spring temp-wise. nothing torchy, nothing frigid. get over it.

I have said it before and will say it again. you sir are a broken record. didnt you just say this the other day?

we all know there is no comparison to last year. the only person even bring that up is you.

so far this is a fairly normal spring temp-wise. nothing torchy, nothing frigid. get over it.

Exactly, nothing torchy at all, pretty normal at least where I live.  I am referring to the deep deep deep winter posts that are talked about every day, why are those overlooked?

Exactly, nothing torchy at all, pretty normal at least where I live.  I am referring to the deep deep deep winter posts that are talked about every day, why are those overlooked?

how could it be overlooked? you bring it up every day.

it is not deep deep winter, nor is it torch torch spring. enough with the daily cherry-picked temp departures. you like it warm, i think we all get it.

how could it be overlooked? you bring it up every day.

it is not deep deep winter, nor is it torch torch spring. enough with the daily cherry-picked temp departures. you like it warm, i think we all get it.

Never once said its been a torch. Not one single time, mentioned the possibility if it mid month. Have a great day, sure is a beauty!

Never once said its been a torch. Not one single time, mentioned the possibility if it mid month. Have a great day, sure is a beauty!

i didn't say that you said that. i just said that your posting of cherry picked daily temp departures is getting old.

i hope you have a super spectacular day!

Archived