joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring

Mr Torchey

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because it's not a good representation of what the overall day was like.  I put an * after those.

In my records, I include morning lows and afternoon highs on days like that with atypical diurnal temp trends. An example - my temp obs are taken at 9 PM (I do precip at both 9P, and 7A for cocorahs), and for 3/6/07 my high was 19 at 9P. Low was -13 about 7 AM, and it never got warmer than -2 until the next day - coldest March afternoon I've recorded anywhere, including Ft. Kent.

A side issue: I'd guess that a station recording at midnight would avg 0.5 to 1F milder than one recording at 7A, both because of the "leftover" 12:01 highs and the frequent "double count" of morning lows. (Farmington's lowest ever March temps were -25 on 3/1 and 3/2/82. Nearby stations with midnight obs - LEW,WVL,AUG - had minima 16 to 26F milder on 3/2 than on 3/1.)

He's just trolling you and you're taking the bait...

no bait, I love it, I am flattered some kid from edison nj wastes his time trolling me year after year...............if I lived in that hell hole with nothing to do I guess I would as well.!!

Archived