joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring

Mr Torchey

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not live at White Plains, not even close, hopefully tonight we get a hard freeze.

You act as if the freeze/frost potential was a bust in the area, and then use a station surrounded by water, BDR, to verify that assertion. The reality was most posters in the tri-state area did experience near-freezing temperatures with plenty making it down to 32F.

Tonight will be a cold night for the classic radiating spots but probably not as cold for places that rely on CAA like Central Park. Winds should be lighter but 850s are a little warmer.

You act as if the freeze/frost potential was a bust in the area, and then use a station surrounded by water, BDR, to verify that assertion. The reality was most posters in the tri-state area did experience near-freezing temperatures with plenty making it down to 32F.

Tonight will be a cold night for the classic radiating spots but probably not as cold for places that rely on CAA like Central Park. Winds should be lighter but 850s are a little warmer.

Made it down to 37F last night, obviously because I live on LI. I don't see how this was a bust like LL says. The forecast lows were pretty accurate last night here.

I said nothing like that at all, I only care about where I live and was hoping for a freeze frost.  I could care less about dobbs ferry.

Another below freezing night last night here on the midcoast. High temps today in the upper 40's and tomorrow mid 40's. Crystal clear skies this morning made for an awesome walk along the cove. Gray and Harbor Seals are heading in rounding up the Mackerel. I saw 4 Gray Seals and 21 Harbor Seals poking their heads out of the water at different spots this morning near Fiddler's Reach.

post-2106-0-35185200-1366629456_thumb.pn

another frosty monumental failure, ...........rainy week monumental failure, really just blows its brutally dry out here!  Thanks Brian, it was a blast............tons more memories for the kids and thats all that matters.

GO GO GO GO! 

another frosty monumental failure, ...........rainy week monumental failure, really just blows its brutally dry out here! Thanks Brian, it was a blast............tons more memories for the kids and thats all that matters.

GO GO GO GO!

In all seriousness how come you never posted any bikini clad beach babes, like you said you would?

Had 47/28 yesterday, 17 this morning, chilly for late April. Another cold one tonight, though I'd guess at 3-6F less cool than this morning. April running about -1.5 at my place, similar in CAR/BGR, but closer to +1 at PWM/CON.

Yep, another 4-8" for Duluth, would put them up near 50" for the month, further crushing their record for the month. I doubt they're anywhere near 40" OG, though, as last week's 15-20" probably fell on a small snowpack and the new snow has settled to half its peak depth by now. Maybe in the higher hills south of Superior, or on Keweenaw, though LES isn't known for extra tall snowpack, at least not in relation to total snowfall.

Had 47/28 yesterday, 17 this morning, chilly for late April. Another cold one tonight, though I'd guess at 3-6F less cool than this morning. April running about -1.5 at my place, similar in CAR/BGR, but closer to +1 at PWM/CON.

Yep, another 4-8" for Duluth, would put them up near 50" for the month, further crushing their record for the month. I doubt they're anywhere near 40" OG, though, as last week's 15-20" probably fell on a small snowpack and the new snow has settled to half its peak depth by now. Maybe in the higher hills south of Superior, or on Keweenaw, though LES isn't known for extra tall snowpack, at least not in relation to total snowfall.

Duluth won't get a 40" snow pack but they had a snow depth of 27" yesterday I believe. So with tonight's snow they have a good shot to have over a 30" snow depth on April 23rd.

Duluth won't get a 40" snow pack but they had a snow depth of 27" yesterday I believe. So with tonight's snow they have a good shot to have over a 30" snow depth on April 23rd.

That is so impressive for a populated urban area 2/3rds of the way through April. I was just up at 3,000ft on Mansfield and there was 40" at my stake there...then to think a populated city in the Midwest has similar snow depths to the 2000ft+ elevations in the northern Greens is incredible.

Hey ______ any more failed frost advisories for BDR, living in the hells kitchen of the stank swamp of NJ I know how much you care:):):):):): about little ole bridgeport Ct.  Every time I drive through your part of the world I think to myself how and why.............truly the armpit of humanity.

post-865-0-27507700-1366676169_thumb.jpg

Archived