CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Spring

Mr Torchey

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it wrong that I'm sitting on the porch drinking coffee in the sun, while the dog lounges around on the lawn.... at 33 degrees?

Man I'm with Tippy that the sun this time of year just feels so strong if there is no wind, no matter what the temperature is, lol.

Awesome day out, Less wind to boot

Yeah it really is beautiful out... still a breeze but that sun feels so warm even with temps in the 30s to low 40s.

The yard is back to patchy coverage as the 3" from the other morning has been torched by the sun, so back to remnant old snowpack which is patchy depending on shading and seasonal drifting patterns.

I meant including Tuesday. Disaster may begin later Tuesday aftn....but who knows this far out. Could be MOnday or Wednesday.

Yeah. I was just regurgitating what the euro showed verbatim. I'm concerned about an earlier than progged fropa up here on Tues. Maybe we luck out on Wed and get some sun if the high builds in enough while you guys stay in 40s and ovc. Temp talk season...yay!

His torch talk about it getting warm after 3/5 was an epic fail. We had two big snowstorms after that date and well below avg temps.

But everyone busts. There's a reason its not an easy field. The LR forecasts from a lot of vendors were a fail calling for the end of winter in mid-February. It was a weird year.

Spring has been a total failure around here. Trees are way behind, yards are brown, with no life at all. march was -5.2 April has had 3 days in a row below freezing I even hit 25 yesterday and now it is Snowing and sleeting here with over 6" in Blacksburg wtf. wsw and wwa just west of here---what a miserable spring and this is VA. its laughable reading LL spring comments, DEEP DEEP WINTER here and up the east coast those who have thought otherwise needs their heads checked out.

March was -0.4 here average march we shall see what April brings. Bdl pvd and Bos all below -1 for march hardly deep winter and 9 of the last 13 days have been at or above normal at Boston. If that's deep winter than so be it, 56 at Boston 57 at Hartford dead on climo for highs today..... Looking forward to well above sun and monday and roll the dice the rest of the week.

SPRING!  :axe:  :underthewx:  :lmao:

• SundayA slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 58. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
  • Sunday NightA chance of showers after 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • MondayA chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 64. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • Monday NightA chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • TuesdayA chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 61. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • Tuesday NightA chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 47. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • WednesdayA chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 57. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • Wednesday NightA chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 44. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • ThursdayA chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 54. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

There was no deep winter here. Maybe in VA where that type of wx is anomalous...but at least up here in CNE, it's been below normal but certainly not deep winter.

The month was pretty wintry for ORH I'd say. The temps weren't brutal cold, but they were -1F and we had 30.9" of snow in the month with snow cover wire to wire. Also the way the temps were distributed made it more wintry than normal since the plus departures occurred early in the month when they still only produce highs in the upper 30s and 40s. Then the big negatives happened in the 2nd half ot he month where we went 10 consecutive days without hitting 40F...that is impressive for the 2nd half of March.

Rain fail, Kevins 4th snow fail in a row, maybe 5 really can't remember.  Love seeing okx going with 58 today, 50 tomorrow than 60 sun mon tues.............sounds like deep deep winter to me.

AND LOL at people comparing this spring to last years record warmth, I would expect more from pro's I mean seriously????  That would be like comparing a normal winter to 95 96 and saying climo sucked and was a piss poor winter.

LOL LOL LOL

Blue skies on the western horizon!!

VIVA LA SPRING

A co-worker who teaches at Emerson College said an ecology professor told him we are at least 3 weeks behind last year in terms of vegetation and this is just judging by the Boston Common.

Down in DC the cherry trees are predicted to be in peak bloom starting tomorrow.  Last year peak bloom was March 20 so they are exactly 3 weeks behind last year!

Archived