joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring

Mr Torchey

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did I miss something? Are videos no longer allowed?

Out of the blue over the weekend I posted a couple videos in different threads and a mod decided to single me out and issued me warning points that I had to accept in order to post .been on the boards for 10 yrs and not once have I ever been warned. Then I post 3 videos and he decided to warn me out of personal vendetta. But videos will still be allowed in all threads and noone else will be warned.

Boys crying for their Mommas, love it

:lol:  I love your line.....used it last week.....

In other news.....I too look forward to the coming season change.....baseball and bbq baby......bikinis and shorts.....lightning and tornados and naked weenie dances in collapsing hail cores.....I'll take whatever weenine snow we can muster in the valley but TBH wouldn't care if it never snowed again this season.....I'll take the blizzard and run.....

:weenie:

Yeah ...well, I'm on his page!   This winter can go to sleep at this point.  I'm done...   

Unfortunately, the indices don't really see it that way, so we have to remain objective and consider that we may not be setting up for a warm first half of March.   

That's the worst of all up this way, Not much you can do until the frost is out

Yep.  Last year was a breeze.  I took my first ride in mid-April and the ice was already gone from the lakes/ponds.

Complete with loons for Eek (4/16/12):

6941321758_4d65a6ecdf.jpg

Should be considerably later and more normal this year if my bones feel it right.  ;)

As much as I love snow...I mentally start checking out of winter around March 1. What snow we can get beyond that date doesn't last long anyway. Of course, I don't particularly look forward to BD cold fronts, cut offs, and miserable weather for weeks on end. Aside from March madness...I wouldn't mind skipping March and April most years. At the very least though...we can start enjoying the increasing hours of daylight. We're adding 2-3 min/day right now. Make the most of it!

Driving back from NJ on the merritt....I was amazed at the Hamden/HVN area. They def had more than to their west by 10 miles and northeast by 10 miles. At least more water content for sure in similar amount of snow if the actual snow amounts weren't greater than Meriden/Wallingford. The snow banks were very impressive, even over a week later.

The gradient was sick between there and about Stamford or just west. once near BDR, the snow went up quite a bit, and then really ramped up into HVN/Hamden.

Driving back from NJ on the merritt....I was amazed at the Hamden/HVN area. They def had more than to their west by 10 miles and northeast by 10 miles. At least more water content for sure in similar amount of snow if the actual snow amounts weren't greater than Meriden/Wallingford. The snow banks were very impressive, even over a week later.

The gradient was sick between there and about Stamford or just west. once near BDR, the snow went up quite a bit, and then really ramped up into HVN/Hamden.

Yup I work there. Massive massive banks. Lot of sleet. People that live in town said it sleeted for hours

I'm with libations--let Spring commeth. I consider my part of Long Island part of New England (south of Bridgeport, across Sound in LI's snowbelt of Miller Place). And stats since 2000 pretty much bear that out (well, before that, LI was very much a part of the '78 Blizzard, as example). ALL we need is a bridge from eastern LI to CT and voila! We are finally connected to the people we belong with! At least weatherwise, though accent-wise that might be an issue.. Anyway, I prefer Boston to NYC, and vacation in Boston every first weekend of August past 15 years. We both share the great nor'easters, most hurricanes, and Great White Sharks. Can't beat that!

The bit of sleet we had really helped preserve the snowpack. We don't have a hill in our yard, but there's still enough solid snowpack on the back steps that the boys are sledding off it.

Archived