joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, sure, if they get ratios.  But I have 5 inches of snow here with 2 inches of liquid in it.  

You've got an inch or so more than me.  The power display is pretty cool.  Hopeful later we can cash in.

I do not know how to describe it but my phone signal is having big issues from the rates. Oh my.

9fd8ac4ad67c80d96695ea1a04b6b2f7.jpg

Steve you must be a foot plus now?  Holy cow.

snow-hr.gif

little better than an inch per hour last 2 hrs

Awesome verification.

My 00Z TrendCast Output just uploaded (http://smartwxmodel.net/MA.htm)

Boston Area Weather Progression:  Seeing the most intense snow from 03 to 09Z, with 2.5"/hr snowfall rates, with isolated gusts to 50kts possible during this time frame.  Will see 15" of accumulations just in that 6 hour time frame.

Providence Area Weather Progression:  Seeing the most intense snow currently, and then another shot from 04 to 07Z, with 2.7"/hr rates during that time and wind gusts up to 47Kts.

Concord Area Weather Progression: Heaviest snow will begin around 05Z to 13Z, with average snow fall rates of 1.4 to 1.8"/hr during this timeframe.

Worcester Area Weather Progression: Heaviest snow is occurring now, looking for this to continue til 08Z, with snowfall rates of 1.8 to 2"/hr through the timeframe.

Do you have any graupel/sleet mixed in?? Just wondering, i'm just to your west and having mix snow/graupel.. Around 14 inches snow depth also though.. Top layer is really compact due to graupel.. aka can step onto it and not sink in..

Very minimal.   Predominantly all snow.  But, at times there is a little sleet mixed it.  However, 11 miles to my south at my parents house about a half from the sound, they are reporting more sleet than snow right now.  So, I think the further south you go the more of a mix at times.  

Archived