Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow mt holly radar is filling in with the precip out west and merging with the coastal hours upon hours upon hours of precip to go through

According to NYC forum and on air mets we haven't even gotten into the heavy stuff here yet, at 8.1" now, wouldn't be suprised to see another 10". According to radar does that seem reasonable to folks?

-skisheep

It looks like there's a pinwheel of destruction around Upton's radar site on LI.  

Saving that quote. Very nice night on the north shore of LI. All snow here fwiw. Sleet stopped about 30 mins ago.  I look to have about a foot atm.  Funny thing is I wouldn't say it's been heavy snow vis wise (late afternoon here it really was heavy).  Just moderate but with really big flakes the last few hours.

29.5 here, off a high of 32.2...that coastal front must be sitting right on me considering that places like milford and ashland have dropped down to 20-22 degrees...

Hi friend!! Saw your comment on FB!!! Can't reply to personal stuff on there (gov't rules).

Will be measuring snow here at home at 9 PM (yes, amazingly, I'm off from work so I can enjoy this one with the hub!!). A little work from home, though. A friend of mine that's the chief met on the NBC affiliate in Cleveland e-mailed me yesterday to see if I could speak to them. Will be the lead story at 11 PM!!! Then, a few hits during their morning newscast tomorrow. Kewl, eh???

Enjoy your storm, friends!!

--Turtle

Holy crap is it epic...measured an avg of 6.5'' but it's not easy lol.

Being outside reminds me of that scene from the Day After Tomorrow when the dad and his friend are trying to get to NYC.  

6.5" is not epic. We got hosed.

Some places like Haddam and Montville already over 15"

Archived