Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
February Banter Thread

burgertime

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY

1011 PM EST THU FEB 7 2013

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 AM FRIDAY MORNING/...

FORECAST REMAINS ON TRACK WITH ONLY MINOR ADJUSTMENTS TO HOURLY

T/TD GRIDS BASED ON LATEST OBS/MOD/SAT DATA. ONSET OF PRECIP STILL

LOOKS TO BE BETWEEN 4AM AND 8AM FRI. 00Z NAM LOW TRACK IS VERY

CLOSE TO THE 12Z RUN...WITH JUST A SLIGHT SHIFT SOUTHWARD BY 12Z

SAT. THE INTERESTING PART OF THIS RUN IS THAT THE AXIS OF HEAVIEST

QPF HAS SHIFTED FURTHER TO THE WEST AND NOW RESIDES OVER NYC...NJ

AND INTO THE LOWER HUDSON VALLEY. WILL LET MID SHIFT DIGEST REMAINING

00Z DATA BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES TO THE SNOW TOTAL FORECAST

CONSIDERING THAT 24 HOURS AGO...THE NAM DIDN`T EVEN KNOW THERE WAS

A STORM COMING.

LoL @ the NAM

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Richard Howell is such a good player.  I really enjoy watching him play.  If he can hit that foul-line-extended jumper with regularity he will be even better.  Too bad he picked up his 4th foul with 9 minutes to go.

He's the only player on this team that has developed that consistent mid-ranger jumper.  Nobody else can hit that.  Truly a lost art.  He's playing with a lot of heart this year.

Apology accepted and I only post in the simplistic manner that I do because I like to teach people who are eager to learn about various meteorological topics...that's all :)  Just sharing my knowledge and passion because that is what I like to do :)

It's a pretty well known fact you do not like my posting style, for whatever reason, it goes back a couple years so whatever I say usually rubs you the wrong way, and I am ok with that.  He claimed to be a degreed Met, based on reviewing his ~150 posts, the language, fluency I would expect in conveying a message is not there.  If he is, I apologize, we have a couple stations here in Eastern NC with broadcast mets who spent more time in journalism classes then they did in math+science combined, so that could be the case.  Usually the "shadow meteorologists," those who do not want a tag for whatever reason, are reserved and do not post in a pompous manner highlighting the qualification.  These may not be valid reasons in your book, but they are also not ones that defy a little bit of logic in mine.

He's the only player on this team that has developed that consistent mid-ranger jumper.  Nobody else can hit that.  Truly a lost art.  He's playing with a lot of heart this year.

NCSU hung tough in the 2nd half.  Howell and Leslie fouling out didn't help their effort, though.  Man, Plumlee had a game tonight!  Go Devils!!

I am not normally bothered by or get mad about new england storms but after 2 suckass winteres in a row, this one does....especially when lead stories HERE on the local news is about it. At least the good news is the mid atlantic...in other words DC, won't  cash in on it.....that would truly make me sick and mad lol

I am not normally bothered by or get mad about new england storms but after 2 suckass winteres in a row, this one does....especially when lead stories HERE on the local news is about it. At least the good news is the mid atlantic...in other words DC,  won't  cash in on it.....that would truly make me sick and mad lol

Yea its fine to see it on national news but not on our local.  Showing same thing here on our news

I am not normally bothered by or get mad about new england storms but after 2 suckass winteres in a row, this one does....especially when lead stories HERE on the local news is about it. At least the good news is the mid atlantic...in other words DC, won't  cash in on it.....that would truly make me sick and mad lol

It really stings this go round. I am not expecting winters like 2009-2010 or 2010-2011, but it would be nice to get to my average & at least see a decent snow. I am happy for snow lovers when they get it but, this one is a bitter pill to swallow.

Yea its fine to see it on national news but not on our local.  Showing same thing here on our news

Exactly.  Now out of atlanta, part of it was because of airport delays and cancellations. I can understand that given how big the airport is in atlanta  but then they went to the actual weather part of it...which was really annoying and frustrating..like rubbing salt in the wound.

That said, why on earth they would do the same thing where you are....that's silly.

It really stings this go round. I am not expecting winters like 2009-2010 or 2010-2011, but it would be nice to get to my average & at least see a decent snow. I am happy for snow lovers when they get it but, this one is a bitter pill to swallow.

EXACTLY again. If we just had a decent winter, which for around here doesn't take much...and it wouldn't take much to satisfy me....just one 4 inch snow, one ice event, or a few smaller snows for example (pathetic really isn't it? LOL), it would be one thing, but given how much suckage we have had now for 2 winters in a row...after two fantastic winters (which I knew would spoil me :axe:)  it really sucks to see people get so lucky.

Again, I don't get bothered very much at all by NE storms, it really only pisses me off when DC/mid atlantic get hammered since they complain so much (mind you I've heard this since the late 90s) and the majority of the time get hit hard or what would make us very happy.

I know winter is not over and all that but it's hard not to get down about it. And I usually keep it real and don't say "winter is over" or weenie stuff like that when it's early Feb. But after last year and how this year has gone so far, it's hard not to be like widre lol

yep hard to swallow about the storm in the northeast and then last night the local news rubs it in by talking about it. I want us to be talking snowstorm. I can't even get an inch. I've seen some flakes, better than nothing.

I have not even seen flurries but I know what you mean.

It would be nice if Mother Nature could spread around the wealth. I don't understand why it's so hard to get snow where I am. You'd think we'd be far enough north and close enough to the Atlantic to get more bombing lows off the coast when the temps were right. But it's usually too warm when we have a lot of precip, like last night, or dry when it's cold enough.

Imagine how you are going to feel in about 8-10 days when we see it all happen again, this time DC getting a foot plus too.  haha.

Archived