e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
February Banter Thread

burgertime

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure where to post this, but if you want to "observe" the storm up north live, this is a webcam located near Martha's Vineyard at someones farm. We enjoy watching it and it's great live feed. I thought it would be cool to see how the animals react to the snow piling up. We can at least pretend we're there!

http://flyingskunk.com/live.php

I've hosted family for the last week and haven't been able to keep up with what's happening for the LR. From a quick read in Pattern discussion it looks like there nothing to get excited about or watch anytime soon. I missed what could have been my only opportunity to see snow last Saturday in NGa. I had a housefull, and it would have been rude to take a six pack and a sleeping bag and leave them all sitting. So I am hoping we have a least one more shot of something before spring arrives.

It would be nice if Mother Nature could spread around the wealth. I don't understand why it's so hard to get snow where I am. You'd think we'd be far enough north and close enough to the Atlantic to get more bombing lows off the coast when the temps were right. But it's usually too warm when we have a lot of precip, like last night, or dry when it's cold enough.

Me too to be honest.

Back in the late 90s (i think),  but especially 2000 to 2005 or so, every time I turned around NC was getting hammered with snow and/or ice.

Imagine how you are going to feel in about 8-10 days when we see it all happen again, this time DC getting a foot plus too.  haha.

Shut up lol :P

I don't really take 5-10 day forecasts (or longer) seriously at all....fortunately...or i'd go crazy lol. We can't even get 24 to 72 hour forecasts so to worry about long range forecasts seems absurd to me.

I am not normally bothered by or get mad about new england storms but after 2 suckass winteres in a row, this one does....especially when lead stories HERE on the local news is about it. At least the good news is the mid atlantic...in other words DC, won't  cash in on it.....that would truly make me sick and mad lol

Chris...speaking of mad and sick...how's your back?  You are posting more, so I'm guessing after 3 days or so the spasms cut back some and you were able to start getting some better.  I've been wanting to talk back problems with you..to include how I fixed mine after 25 years, or so, of it going out 5 or 6 times a year....but you won't like the cure, lol.  Tony

I will say this, GFS out to 180 is looking pretty durn cold....GFS is not backing down on bringing cold to the eastern states next week. 

12z Canadian looks pretty close for V-Day on the crude meteociel maps, +132hrs.  0z Euro dropped 850's here ~4C compared to the previous run, now 1.8 then to 0C (although 2m AGT's suck, low 40's!) with ~1/4" falling for the 14th.  And since this is banter, why not...

06zdgex850mbTSLPp06_county126.gif

06zdgex850mbTSLPp06_county132.gif

Better here than in the discussion thread. Too :weenie: to be posting maps like that at this point in time.

EDIT- Just seen that was the DGEX. That does not even belong in the banter IMO.

This coming from the guy who posted the skies need healing and that it can't get cold enough if there is too much moisture in the weather disco thread :facepalm:  

There are a handful of people around here (including a variety of colored name tags) that have been going beyond naysaying and venturing into trolling territory.  By far the majority of SE posters have been discussing the long range sensibly and I've seen very little "wishcasting" going on.  The handful of people are trying, for whatever reason, to squelch discussion and the best thing to do is add them to the ignore list.  Getting emotional either way (positive or negative) over what the models are showing is silly.  Some of you need to cut the hyperbole, it's getting old.  The rest of the adults will continue the weather discussion on the weather forum.

Totally agree.  Well said.

Better here than in the discussion thread. Too :weenie: to be posting maps like that at this point in time.

EDIT- Just seen that was the DGEX. That does not even belong in the banter IMO.

Really?  WeatherNC can't post that map in the banter thread, but you can post about new restaurants opening up in Wilkesboro and the number of meth lab busts there?  Which is more appropriate?  Mr. Banter Police, lighten up a little, man.  Banter is almost anything goes, IMO, and especially if you actually post a weather map.

Not sure where to post this, but if you want to "observe" the storm up north live, this is a webcam located near Martha's Vineyard at someones farm. We enjoy watching it and it's great live feed. I thought it would be cool to see how the animals react to the snow piling up. We can at least pretend we're there!

http://flyingskunk.com/live.php

Well, one reaction that I've begun to notice is that the snow on the ground is taking on a decidedly yellow color right now.  Seriously.  Maybe that's due to the quality of the video, but I don't really think so...

I so want to go to the MA and NYC thread but it would be like your team is down 30 at halftime and you have to sit and watch the whole game. Especially after the last two winters.

Well don't fret the Euro looks amazing to my eyes for after V-day.....I'm really liking our chances for that period. 

I don't understand why some people get bitter over NE getting a historic storm.  It's amazing to watch unfold and with webcams, etc. these days we can get in on the fun, too! :)

I mean, sure, I'd love to see it happen here, but if not here, why not there?

They've also had pretty crappy back to back winters as well...especially in the SNE...but just go to one of their threads and you'll see why people hate it. 

Archived