• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
February Banter Thread

burgertime

One thing has become absolutely clear to me this winter: Nobody knows anything about what's going to happen more than a few days in advance. Dang, now I sound like Brick again. I'm having an off day. Sigh.

I know that Friday after work im driving to ga to look at an all wheel drive van. I have known that since monday. Im good.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it was due by email at midnight tonight but will just finish it tomorrow I am tired don't have that class till Thursday anyway then I go on Spring Break.

1) I am looking at a light snow event that will trend in favor for SC/NC outside of the mountains later this week. Exact location/amounts TBD.

2) March 6th is beyond the 7 day forecast would predict at this time it is nothing major...likely moisture starved or something else to be wrong with it for some. Possibly nothing.

3) Much colder than last March heck yes but I do not see a super duper wintry mega pattern...more like 1 perhaps 2 winter weather events likely to be marginal for some with screws for others.

I hope you're right on number 1 but bust on the low side. You should look at the Euro again for number two. Could peter out but it might be a big deal for some, yet. I don't see a historic winter pattern either...not for the SE. We just don't seem to get things to line up for us anymore outside of a rogue storm here or there.

Well it was due by email at midnight tonight but will just finish it tomorrow I am tired don't have that class till Thursday anyway then I go on Spring Break.

1) I am looking at a light snow event that will trend in favor for SC/NC outside of the mountains later this week. Exact location/amounts TBD.

2) March 6th is beyond the 7 day forecast would predict at this time it is nothing major...likely moisture starved or something else to be wrong with it for some. Possibly nothing.

3) Much colder than last March heck yes but I do not see a super duper wintry mega pattern...more like 1 perhaps 2 winter weather events likely to be marginal for some with screws for others.

Thats really broad can you please get specific areas

Uh it's pretty obvious to everyone except you that you do. Maybe you have convinced yourself since it's in your "voice" it's not stealing. Kind of like the kid who directly quotes Wikipedia but because it's only two sentences thinks it's ok to do it and not source. Actually I'm guessing you probably do that with most papers you write for college.

Just to elaborate, outside of posting some snow/sfc maps you've never really given reasons why you think something will/will not happen. No, saying the skies need to heal or the dirt needs a therapist doesn't count. Brick can sound just as insightful when he is just repeating what someone like Allan or Robert has said.

If you look at post there are several word for quotes from several mets including Roberts. I talked to Robert monday. He may take a road trip a little north from him. Robert nailed ice event including locations several days out.

I hope you get to use it driving through lots of snow! I have an all wheel drive CR-V and it stays in the garage when there's snow and ice.

lol im sure I will. My road is nasty and faces north. Having four kids our options are limited. We had an all wheel drive crossover but sold it a couple years ago. There have been a few times I have had to pull the van up the driveway with my truck.

They were tolerable if you had the some of the worst on ignore. But then there would be multiple blank pages :)

I've never used that ignore feature on any board I've been on. As far as those mega-threads, IMO scrolling quickly past what didn't interest me took less time than loading and keeping up with multiple threads. I've adjusted fine but it has never gotten as comfortable for me as the super threads were.

100 pages of garbage and great model discussions in between 8pm and 3am. DT with his anal-ysis.

What we needed was a button for the folks you wanted to read.  Set the ignore to burn, and the alert button to highlight the chosen few.  Super thread bliss :)  Have an auto bot  to weed out posts of 4 words or less that don't mention weather key words and  A whine weeder bot :)  Post of that sort have a 10 minute life span, then they go boom.  Easy squeezie, lol.  T

Archived