EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
February Banter Thread

burgertime

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a former slacker, let me sincerely thank you. I needed more professors and teachers like you. Life has deadlines and requirements and, unlike in school, you don't often even get a lot of time to meet them. People want the moon yesterday. In school, students are asked to give much less over a much longer time period. There's no excuse for late work.

Great post sir.

Ok, my tech-savvy friends, I'm trying to get geared up for spring and severe weather season. What are the best weather apps (free or otherwise) for an iPhone? Radar, etc.

Wunderground has a good app. Unysis has a good app for some misc. weather tools but nothing too fancy. My favorite weather app however is radarscope. Beautiful, high resolution animations. It costs $10 but I strongly recommend it.

Ok, my tech-savvy friends, I'm trying to get geared up for spring and severe weather season.  What are the best weather apps (free or otherwise) for an iPhone?  Radar, etc. 

Radarscope is the best I have seen for the iphone.  I think they have an app for the android market too, but it has a ton of features and is well worth the 9.99 price tag.

Wunderground has a good app. Unysis has a good app for some misc. weather tools but nothing too fancy. My favorite weather app however is radarscope. Beautiful, high resolution animations. It costs $10 but I strongly recommend it.

Weathertap also has a free decent radar app that allows zooming and decent location tracking.

I heard on the radio this morning that some guy was running around naked in traffic on Kildaire Farm Rd in Cary.

Yeah, he left from Wake Med Hospital. From what I understand he went into a neighborhood near the hospital, knocking on doors telling people he had escaped from the looney bin.

I heard on the radio this morning that some guy was running around naked in traffic on Kildaire Farm Rd in Cary.

Yeah, he left from Wake Med Hospital. From what I understand he went into a neighborhood near the hospital, knocking on doors telling people he had escaped from the looney bin.

This really belongs in the OBS thread guys...Jk.

Just got out of a weather briefing for central NC from the state climate office. This weekend is not looking to be a major event...just chilly rain during the day with some scant snow showers Saturday evening. No accumulation is expected in Raleigh and maybe a light dusting alont the VA border. :cry: 

Just got out of a weather briefing for central NC from the state climate office. This weekend is not looking to be a major event...just chilly rain during the day with some scant snow showers Saturday evening. No accumulation is expected in Raleigh and maybe a light dusting alont the VA border. :cry:

Ugh. I'd rather just have it stay dry if that's all that would happen.

Ok, my tech-savvy friends, I'm trying to get geared up for spring and severe weather season.  What are the best weather apps (free or otherwise) for an iPhone?  Radar, etc. 

There are three iPhone apps that I rely on constantly.

Weather Alert USA

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/weather-alert-usa/id314502416?mt=8

I use this to get all of my NWS information; forecasts, AFDs, etc.

RadarScope

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/radarscope/id288419283?l=es&mt=8

Best radar app, especially for severe weather.  Works on iPad as well.

Weatherbug Elite

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/weatherbug/id281940292?mt=8

For me, this is my go-to radar app.  It's fast, graphically it's nice with the smoothing, and the p-type coloring is useful.  Works on iPad as well.

Well, they obviously aren't members of AmericanWx Forums. :)

Well, they obviously aren't members of AmericanWx Forums. :)

Yeah...definately not in our camp!

They're forcasting the highs on Saturday to be in the 40's and the lows to be in the mid to upper 30's.  I have another call with them this afternoon so we'll see if they stay on this forcast or adjust it.

Archived