• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
February Banter Thread

burgertime

What's happened to the Wunderground maps of the Euro?  I couldn't see anything past hour 144 on either the 00Z or 12Z products today.  The run is complete through those hours, yet I can't get any of the ~10 different types of maps to show the data out to hour 180, like it used to.  Is it just me, or has anyone else had this problem?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does every winter storm now a days seem like a spring time storm? About every winter storm this year had a severe component to it. Also it seems like thundersnow isn't even rare anymore. Happened with every winter storm this year even the event last week in NC and SC. This next storm in the plains lmao. Crazy stuff.

Climate change

What's happened to the Wunderground maps of the Euro?  I couldn't see anything past hour 144 on either the 00Z or 12Z products today.  The run is complete through those hours, yet I can't get any of the ~10 different types of maps to show the data out to hour 180, like it used to.  Is it just me, or has anyone else had this problem?

Started happening a week or two ago. Don't know if it's a bug, or they just can't provide the data past that point.

Bestforecast is lol. That would be almost historic cold here for the beginning of March.

Friday, 1

57 | 28 °F

Partly Cloudy

Chance of

Precipitation0%

Saturday, 2

54 | 27 °F

Partly Cloudy

Chance of

Precipitation0%

Sunday, 3

52 | 19 °F

Partly Cloudy

Chance of

Precipitation0%

Monday, 4

48 | 19 °F

Partly Cloudy

Chance of

Precipitation0%

Tuesday, 5

54 | 23 °F

Clear

The word I am hearing is that Jeff Morrow will be working at WYFF TV on the weekends for  several weeks in a fill-in capacity. He has not been hired full time. Really if you think about it, its a perfect gig for Morrow, he still lives in Atlanta and its about a 2-hour drive up to Greenville. Now I got a much better reason to watch Channel 4 on the weekends.

Usually TV stations like to stray away from using fill-in's during severe weather but I kinda hope we have some stuff going on and they use him...always one of my favorites on TWC.

IMHO Channel 7 is the one that could use him...as a Chief Met.

The word I am hearing is that Jeff Morrow will be working at WYFF TV on the weekends for  several weeks in a fill-in capacity. He has not been hired full time. Really if you think about it, its a perfect gig for Morrow, he still lives in Atlanta and its about a 2-hour drive up to Greenville. Now I got a much better reason to watch Channel 4 on the weekends.

Usually TV stations like to stray away from using fill-in's during severe weather but I kinda hope we have some stuff going on and they use him...always one of my favorites on TWC.

Thanks for the info.  I will check WYFF news out this evening.

Did he leave TWC? Anybody know why?

The word I am hearing is that Jeff Morrow will be working at WYFF TV on the weekends for several weeks in a fill-in capacity. He has not been hired full time. Really if you think about it, its a perfect gig for Morrow, he still lives in Atlanta and its about a 2-hour drive up to Greenville. Now I got a much better reason to watch Channel 4 on the weekends.

Thanks! Now that I get most of my info from here,I don't notice the ones missing! The only long timers I see on there are Vivian Brown,Jim Cantore and a few others. Before the interweb,and when the Weather Channel first came out,I watched it every waking moment! #NERD

I believe his contract was not renewed, but I'm not 100% certain. Heather Tesch's departure was also because her contract was not renewed around the same time.

Bill Keneely was also a favorite of mine on TWC...his contract was also not renewed just prior to Jeff Morrow's departure. Keneely was extremely knowledgeable when it came to geography. I even remember a time he made reference on air to Lake James and all the lakes in the Catawba River Basin. Last I heard Bill opened up his own business, a chain of frozen yougart shops in Atlanta.

Cantore, Keneely and then Morrow would be my all time top 3, Mark Mancuso not far behind.

Carl Parker is really good. He knows his stuff.

Yeah Carl is a very good OCM...they have really upped his stature on-air in the past year or two. I've been wondering if maybe management has ideas of his future being the guy who replaces Cantore at some point as their lead dog.

Thanks! Now that I get most of my info from here,I don't notice the ones missing! The only long timers I see on there are Vivian Brown,Jim Cantore and a few others. Before the interweb,and when the Weather Channel first came out,I watched it every waking moment! #NERD

I remember when Vivian Brown first started.  She was so bad. Every time she learned a new term she would use it over and over. I think she used the term Atlantic Basin in every sentence for at least a month. 

What about the late night crew,Bob Stokes,LOL! And Dave Schwartz! Dave was one of my favorites,my friends!

Bill Keneely was also a favorite of mine on TWC...his contract was also not renewed just prior to Jeff Morrow's departure. Keneely was extremely knowledgeable when it came to geography. I even remember a time he made reference on air to Lake James and all the lakes in the Catawba River Basin. Last I heard Bill opened up his own business, a chain of frozen yougart shops in Atlanta.

Cantore, Keneely and then Morrow would be my all time top 3, Mark Mancuso not far behind.

Archived