• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
February Banter Thread

burgertime

I don't mind the reports, it makes it easier for me to head to that area and remove the crap. It's all the crap being posted over and over and over again and the time that it takes to remove/move it to the proper place that is the issue. I don't post nearly as much as I used too, because I spend most of my time cleaning up the mess.  I miss chatting with everyone and actually looking at model runs for mby when its warranted   <_<

Yeah, we need you looking at model runs and figuring out how we're going to get this storm this weekend to blow up just in the nick of time to give us all some snow. :D

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, kinda pisses me off to come home to this...

I am supposed to be micro-analyzing SE coastal potential at day 6 & 7, but have not even had a chance to look over the 12z runs. This was just from the afternoon, cleared 14 new reports from overnight before I went to work. Please keep the sh!t posts in banter and the next personal attack, even in here, and you will be limited to 5 posts per day till Spring cometh. :)

Wow that's a lot of reports lmao. Winter has everyone crazy. Bring on Spring!!

might tell my professor I could not email my paper in time because ice knocked the power out... believable? 

Wouldn't work for me, if you were in my class.  Plus, you've had power for the past week, and you could have done it anytime during that period.  I'm anti-excuses, no matter the reason.  My students know that all assignments are expected by the due date.  Period.  No make-up tests, late submissions, extra credit garbage, etc.

:grad:

Wouldn't work for me, if you were in my class.  Plus, you've had power for the past week, and you could have done it anytime during that period.  I'm anti-excuses, no matter the reason.  My students know that all assignments are expected by the due date.  Period.  No make-up tests, late submissions, extra credit garbage, etc.

:grad:

As a former slacker, let me sincerely thank you. I needed more professors and teachers like you. Life has deadlines and requirements and, unlike in school, you don't often even get a lot of time to meet them. People want the moon yesterday. In school, students are asked to give much less over a much longer time period. There's no excuse for late work.

As a former slacker, let me sincerely thank you. I needed more professors and teachers like you. Life has deadlines and requirements and, unlike in school, you don't often even get a lot of time to meet them. People want the moon yesterday. In school, students are asked to give much less over a much longer time period. There's no excuse for late work.

the weather tho

I'm surprised that Forsyth and Guilford county schools didn't go with a two hour delay, especially since the NWS put both counties under a freezing rain advisory.

Some high school kid will end up in a ditch this morning. It don't see the harm in a two-hour delay, but these public education folks aren't necessarily Einsteins either.

Exactly.  I see my class as training ground for "the real world."

the weather tho

Not a good excuse, at all.  You've most likely known about the paper for a couple of weeks.  It was your choice to wait until the night before it was due to write it, and if you lose power, that's not your instructor's fault or problem.

Archived