EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
February Banter Thread

burgertime

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the Christmas storm the euro has really been just another model. Sure, it has nailed a few big events but it has also showed a lot of false solutions. In fact, it has been beaten by the nam a few times over the past two years.

Agreed, this has been a down year for the Euro, except for the 2/8 NE blizzard it's been lagging on every other threat.  Last week it was the last to cave to a weaker solution for the NE, the GFS was the first to really see a weaker solution.  And for the 3 events we have had in the SE the GFS has led the way, the Euro was always lagging.  

Agreed, this has been a down year for the Euro, except for the 2/8 NE blizzard it's been lagging on every other threat.  Last week it was the last to cave to a weaker solution for the NE, the GFS was the first to really see a weaker solution.  And for the 3 events we have had in the SE the GFS has led the way, the Euro was always lagging.  

Maybe it's a good thing the GFS is seeing something for this weekend and the Euro isn't.

Since the Christmas storm the euro has really been just another model. Sure, it has nailed a few big events but it has also showed a lot of false solutions. In fact, it has been beaten by the nam a few times over the past two years.

What's funny is, I bet today's run will come closer to verifying than yesterday's run!!

Haha! I don't have any creativity today and since it's raining, I felt like whining. :)

Duly reported...I mean, noted. 

Despite talk of moles and voles, groundhogs and analogs,

Our recipe for snow is always missing part of its dialogue.

I have no faith I have to say

In any ability to have a snow day.

I do not like green eggs and ham,

Stinks to watch snow only on a web cam.

Nicely done.

It was nice having that 3 inch grass cover; so that saved this winter from an F+ to a D+.  If it would have fallen and stuck everywhere I'd probably give a better grade.  Still sitting at D+ in my mind.  If we get a nice 4 inch stick to everything event I'll up it to B+.  Can I bribe the weather? 

Are you only grading based on precip?  If that's the case, then I can see why the grade is so low. 

If I'm grading a season at all, it would probably have to encompass the whole equation.  It just happens that I was situated nicely (luckily) this year with temps and precip. - especially considering that I do not reside in the mountains.  After that snow on the 16th, I'm comfortable with a solid B.  I know the rain is a good thing for most, but I am ticking a few points to the negative since I've needed a gondola since October. 

Are you only grading based on precip?  If that's the case, then I can see why the grade is so low. 

If I'm grading a season at all, it would probably have to encompass the whole equation.  It just happens that I was situated nicely (luckily) this year with temps and precip. - especially considering that I do not reside in the mountains.  After that snow on the 16th, I'm comfortable with a solid B.  I know the rain is a good thing for most, but I am ticking a few points to the negative since I've needed a gondola since October. 

How much did you get a couple of weeks ago?

How much did you get a couple of weeks ago?

If you look at the sat. image of snow cover from that - I don't know....pop up storm basically - I was on the western-most edge in the upstate where that convection blew up.

I had just under 3" in about 2 1/2 hours.  It didn't take long for the melting to begin, but there was still snow on the ground Monday morning, albeit gone by noon.  Here's a video (taken about an hour into the snowfall) to re-live the age old life lesson of: Sometimes you're the statue, but...

If you look at the sat. image of snow cover from that - I don't know....pop up storm basically - I was on the western-most edge in the upstate where that convection blew up.

I had just under 3" in about 2 1/2 hours.  It didn't take long for the melting to begin, but there was still snow on the ground Monday morning, albeit gone by noon.  Here's a video (taken about an hour into the snowfall) to re-live the age old life lesson of: Sometimes you're the statue, but...

Wow, haven't witnessed anything close to that for my area since 2010.  

Maybe they feel it's pointless.

Yeah, honestly that's how I judge a real threat kind of; are the mets posting about it or not?  Still waiting for most of them to show up in the pattern thread!! :whistle:

Edit to say Robert is really honking the next two weeks.  He seems all in.  Other than that the mets are quiet. 

Archived