Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
February Banter Thread

burgertime

Yeah...definately not in our camp!

They're forcasting the highs on Saturday to be in the 40's and the lows to be in the mid to upper 30's. I have another call with them this afternoon so we'll see if they stay on this forcast or adjust it.

Well, yesterday the 0Zs were trending better, but the 12Zs took a step back. Today, the 0Zs trended better. Hopefully, if the 12Zs come in better still, they'll adjust. We'll know soon how it's looking today.

It makes sense to forecast a marginal event and highs in the 40s this far out. Anyway, appreciate the updates. Keep us posted...and you might consider putting it in the Pattern thread as it might get lost/buried in here.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got out of a weather briefing for central NC from the state climate office. This weekend is not looking to be a major event...just chilly rain during the day with some scant snow showers Saturday evening. No accumulation is expected in Raleigh and maybe a light dusting alont the VA border. :cry:

They will definitely forecast something climatological this far in advance.  Hence, the name of their office.  :)

Well, yesterday the 0Zs were trending better, but the 12Zs took a step back. Today, the 0Zs trended better. Hopefully, if the 12Zs come in better still, they'll adjust. We'll know soon how it's looking today.

It makes sense to forecast a marginal event and highs in the 40s this far out. Anyway, appreciate the updates. Keep us posted...and you might consider putting it in the Pattern thread as it might get lost/buried in here.

Agree.  If the models continue to move in the right direction, they will adjust their forecast accordingly as we near the event.

I want believe the great pattern until we're in it... Models have had false great patterns all winter. Like someone said after the next couple weeks that models show potential I'm ready for spring temps... I hate cold damp Weather in late March and April!!!

Me too, because it often robs us of having a real spring. Temps go from the 40s to the 80s without spending time in between.

Here's a Brick for ya... The upcoming system we need to come north stays suppressed and the suppressed system we need to stay suppressed comes north. We can't win. :axe:

If that actually happens and a storm misses us wide right and the next one tracks through VA this will officially be the worst winter that I can remember.  Two weeks of March really cold without atleast a 3" snowstorm would be a bitter pill.  I will officially downgrade my letter grade for this winter from D+ to F-.

Here's a Brick for ya... The upcoming system we need to come north stays suppressed and the suppressed system we need to stay suppressed comes north. We can't win. :axe:

Meanwhile, we are having a monsoon today. Just imagine if today was cold enough for snow. But it't the same old thing. When we have a lot of precip, it's too warm for snow. We we have the cold, there's no precip. It shouldn't be so hard to get a decent snow storm in central NC.

If that actually happens and a storm misses us wide right and the next one tracks through VA this will officially be the worst winter that I can remember. Two weeks of March really cold without atleast a 3" snowstorm would be a bitter pill. I will officially downgrade my letter grade for this winter from D+ to F-.

I'm sitting at a solid C right now, but if what I said happens, I'm with you and we're taking points off. I still say last winter was worse, simply for the fact that we had an all day sleet event at 25 and an all day snow event at 33 that was at least nice to look at.

Meanwhile, we are having a monsoon today. Just imagine if today was cold enough for snow. But it't the same old thing. When we have a lot of precip, it's too warm for snow. We we have the cold, there's no precip. It shouldn't be so hard to get a decent snow storm in central NC.

And it's still raining! Wouldn't it be nice just for once to have a 2 inch rain event fall as all snow at about 25F? You'd think it wouldn't be that hard. I know we had Jan. 2000, but still....

I'm sitting at a solid C right now, but if what I said happens, I'm with you and we're taking points off. I still say last winter was worse, simply for the fact that we had an all day sleet event at 25 and an all day snow event at 33 that was at least nice to look at.

I still say it's a D. We actually had some minor winter events, but still below normal.

If we strike out the next two weeks than I would prefer last winter over this winter.  It was very warm last winter but yet we actually had a snow event that covered the grass, this year I haven't had that, I know your ground got whitened but mine hasn't.  I know the people south, east and west of us actually had a real snow event and so they would disagree.

If we strike out the next two weeks than I would prefer last winter over this winter. It was very warm last winter but yet we actually had a snow event that covered the grass, this year I haven't had that, I know your ground got whitened but mine hasn't. I know the people south, east and west of us actually had a real snow event and so they would disagree.

Interestingly, RAH put out their long term disco and sound increasingly optimistic on the weekend potential. It looks like it was posted at 12:45, so I guess they had not seen the new Euro yet.

If we strike out the next two weeks than I would prefer last winter over this winter.  It was very warm last winter but yet we actually had a snow event that covered the grass, this year I haven't had that, I know your ground got whitened but mine hasn't.  I know the people south, east and west of us actually had a real snow event and so they would disagree.

It was nice having that 3 inch grass cover; so that saved this winter from an F+ to a D+.  If it would have fallen and stuck everywhere I'd probably give a better grade.  Still sitting at D+ in my mind.  If we get a nice 4 inch stick to everything event I'll up it to B+.  Can I bribe the weather? 

Archived