joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

burgertime

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something really long term. It looks like we might have already hit out peak for the current solar cycle. From what I've read many think this next minimum may be very low. There has been debate that the solar cycles influence the weather patters. Something to the point that during low solar activity there is less solar winds allowing cosmic particles to enter our atmosphere and increase cloud production; which then reflects solar rays and allows the earth to cool. The Little Ice Age occured during a extended solar minimum period.  But this is all very debatable.

sunspot.gif

No...its weird when I added him on Facebook we had just 1 mutual friend. That was my aunt. Had no idea he was even my cousin or that he existed since he went to a different high school.

I might invite him to join the board. We need more Wilkesboro posters.

Is he an expert too?  :P

Something really long term. It looks like we might have already hit out peak for the current solar cycle. From what I've read many think this next minimum may be very low. There has been debate that the solar cycles influence the weather patters. Something to the point that during low solar activity there is less solar winds allowing cosmic particles to enter our atmosphere and increase cloud production; which then reflects solar rays and allows the earth to cool. The Little Ice Age occured during a extended solar minimum period.  But this is all very debatable.

sunspot.gif

I think that the max. will come anywhere from sometime in 2013 to as late as 2014. It looks to be the weakest max in at least ~100 years. The next cycle, #25, could very well be even weaker based on past analogs. We'll see.

As I've been thinking for several years, I think that the size of the sun's role in global warming is very interesting to consider being that 1950-2000 had the highest number of sunspots for any 50 year period in at least ~400 years. How much that has had lead to gloabal warming in the latter 20th century is being debated. IF it has been a big factor, I'd then look for sig. global cooling between now and ~2030-40.

I can't believe how lucky the wahoos keep getting. Top 20 team rolls into town and their best player has the flu and then their starting pg rolls his ankle. That will be the icebreaker for them assuming they scrap out 5 more w's they will be going to the dance. Honestly they play the slowest ugliest style basketball in the acc but always catch the breaks no matter what.

I can't believe how lucky the wahoos keep getting. Top 20 team rolls into town and their best player has the flu and then their starting pg rolls his ankle. That will be the icebreaker for them assuming they scrap out 5 more w's they will be going to the dance. Honestly they play the slowest ugliest style basketball in the acc but always catch the breaks no matter what.

Love it. They make teams play there style at home

Archived