joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

burgertime

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bevo, extend that normal winter shading up into the Triad.  We've done okay so fall snowfall-wise, though temperatures have obviously left a lot to be desired for the most part.

I was actually only basing that on temps to be honest.  Although, I am highly suspicious of "average/historical" temps (they have obviously changed over time, but even more so because I do not believe they reflect genuine truth) they are the only thing I have to go on aside from my own recordings that always differ from GSP (to the cooler side - every time). 

I guess I didn't truly realize how small the area of seemingly normal winter was.  Based on the posts since mid December, if I were to look at a map of what this winter has been described as from the regular contributors and using a somewhat primitive triangulation method - it is perceived as:

I wonder how close this would compare to the actual conclusions.

:lol:  This area needs a darker brown  :P  

I guess I didn't truly realize how small the area of seemingly normal winter was. Based on the posts since mid December, if I were to look at a map of what this winter has been described as from the regular contributors and using a somewhat primitive triangulation method - it is perceived as:

sewinter1112v2.png

lol

if only one of these last two rain events could have been snow or maybe even both I and most others would have been ready for warm weather.  can you imagine the snow depth if these storms had been snow, just like always or mostly we get plenty of moisture and it turns warm and it clears up and turns cold,  why couldn't this be turned around where if you get moisture it turns cold and it clears up it turns warm.  OH WELL

I guess I didn't truly realize how small the area of seemingly normal winter was. Based on the posts since mid December, if I were to look at a map of what this winter has been described as from the regular contributors and using a somewhat primitive triangulation method - it is perceived as:

sewinter1112v2.png

Lol, you know it's a BAD SE winter when the lee side so foothills are the normal,Sorry guys/gals. It has been pretty normal however here in Rutherford co temp in line with upstate SC and when there is a threat near by the radar will dry just as a change over is fixing to happen :(

This board will be 1000x better once Wilkes gets banned or 5-posted. Mods please make it happen haha

I've gotta disagree here.  He contributes lots of information.  If you can just ignore the skies healing thing, it's no biggie.  We've all got our own idiosyncrasies, and the health of the skies just happens to be his.

Breaking news: The sky has a pulled hamstring and will be out 2-4 weeks. Winter is over.

That fully explains why the strong winds didn't translate down to the surface in a lot of places during this event; it was bad for some but lucky for a bunch of us. 

No pushy available due to pully..

Got a website for a get well card?  The Aflac Duck has one; he's healing..

Lol, you know it's a BAD SE winter when the lee side so foothills are the normal,Sorry guys/gals. It has been pretty normal however here in Rutherford co temp in line with upstate SC and when there is a threat near by the radar will dry just as a change over is fixing to happen :(

The truly amazing thing about this winter is that for that small area (I would included RTHFD CO as well) winter has been nothing but normal.  How is it like Mercury everywhere else?

Moving forward, this phenomenon will be known as "pulling the blue tongue".

For ColdRain - the following example is for you:

"Oy - it's epping taters in 'ere, innit?"

"What? You must be takin' the mick mate - it's ruddy peas in the pot outside. Are you pullin' a blue tongue?"

Breaking news: The sky has a pulled hamstring and will be out 2-4 weeks. Winter is over.

Here is video approximation....looks like a torn ACL....gonna be 2015 till we see a full recovery. Obviously we were able to fake out the El Nina but once the sky got to the pac jet the damage was done. 

derrick-rose-torn-acl-o.gif

Archived