• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

burgertime

It has snowed just south of CLT (and here) today. Face it - as much as you dump on everyone else, we don't care about Waycross.  You live in a place that goes largely winterless.  I've been just fine this winter, and I do not live in the mountains.  Stop including anyone else in your crap - we are okay without your help.  "Help" being used VERY loosely.

This. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has snowed just south of CLT (and here) today. Face it - as much as you dump on everyone else, we don't care about Waycross.  You live in a place that goes largely winterless.  I've been just fine this winter, and I do not live in the mountains.  Stop including anyone else in your crap - we are okay without your help.  "Help" being used VERY loosely.

I was in Waycross one hot August day.  I got into an argument with a guy and told him to go to hell.  He responded that he would but he had already taken his vacation.

It has snowed just south of CLT (and here) today. Face it - as much as you dump on everyone else, we don't care about Waycross. You live in a place that goes largely winterless. I've been just fine this winter, and I do not live in the mountains. Stop including anyone else in your crap - we are okay without your help. "Help" being used VERY loosely.

Lol y'all are acting like this is the greatest winter ever just because of some flurries. Good luck with trying to get a snowstorm in Feb and March. And I don't know why the hell you keep mentioning Waycross. When did I say anything about my backyard? I know NC is the only state that matters in the SE. Ugh can't wait till spring comes so you guys can stop with the ****ty attitudes.

If you bothered to pay any attention to the part of his post I bolded you wouldn't have to ask me that.

He says I include everyone in my crap. What crap? How do I dump on everyone else? I don't except snow with every little system that moves through the area. I know we don't see winter that much down here. I'm from Chicago. I know wth winter is.

MHX near term, since when did a couple hundredths of qpf become a complex forecast? Guess we will add a rn or sn or mix dot on the nonogram with this one, still optimistic for some dendrites tonight.

&&

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 AM SUNDAY MORNING/...

AS OF 605 PM SATURDAY...COMPLEX FORECAST NEXT 12 HOURS. NW FLOW

ALOFT WILL STEER A SIGNIFICANT SHORTWAVE TROUGH ACROSS EASTERN NC

VERY LATE TONIGHT. IN ADVANCE OF THIS SYSTEM WEAK CYCLOGENESIS WILL

OCCUR OFF THE MID ATLANTIC COAST BY 12Z SUNDAY WHILE A DEVELOPING

COLD FRONT WILL MOVE THROUGH EASTERN NC LATE TONIGHT. JUST

OFFSHORE A TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE WILL APPROACH THE SOUTHEAST

NORTH CAROLINA COAST...REMAINING JUST OFFSHORE OVERNIGHT.

COMPLICATING THE FORECAST IS THE REMNANT DRY POLAR AIRMASS WHICH

REMAINS ACROSS THE REGION IN THE WAKE OF A DEPARTING SURFACE HIGH.

THIS DRY AIRMASS WILL INHIBIT MOISTURE ADVECTION INTO EASTERN NC

SUCH THAT MODEL FORECAST QPF`S ARE GENERALLY MB THICKNESS

AND 850 TEMP FORECASTS SUGGESTING SNOW OR A MIX OF RAIN OR SNOW.

DIGGING A LITTLE DEEPER THE 1000/850 THICKNESS ARE MOSTLY ABOVE

1310 SUGGESTING A WARM LOW LAYER WHILE 850/700 MB THICKNESS

VALUES ARE COLD IN THE 1515-1525 RANGE. THIS PUTS EASTERN NC IN

THE PORTION OF THE RAH PARTIAL THICKNESS NOMOGRAM WITH TOO FEW

CASES TO CONFIDENTLY PREDICT PRECIPITATION TYPE. FORECAST SURFACE

WET BULBS MOSTLY REMAIN ABOVE 32 DEGREES UNTIL NEAR THE END OF THE

EVENT. BEST GUESS WOULD SUGGEST MOSTLY A LIGHT RAIN EVENT BASED ON

LOW LEVEL WARM ADVECTION...THE WARM LOW LEVEL CRITICAL THICKNESS

AND THE SW LOW LEVEL FLOW HELPING TO MAINTAIN ABOVE FREEZING

SURFACE TEMPERATURES. COULD SEE SOME MIX WITH WET SNOW ACROSS THE

FAR NORTH WHERE THE THERMAL PROFILE IS A LITTLE COLDER. THE SUB

CLOUD LAYER IS FORECAST TO BE DRY INDICATING THAT EVAPORATIVE

COOLING WILL COME INTO PLAY BUT DOUBT THAT PRECIPITATION INTENSITY

WILL BE HEAVY ENOUGH TO PRODUCE THE ISOTHERMAL LAYER NEEDED TO

PRODUCE ALL SNOW AT THE SURFACE.

THE WINDOW FOR PRECIPITATION OCCURRENCE WILL BE SMALL MAINLY FROM

02Z-08Z OR SO TONIGHT THEN THE LOW LEVEL FLOW BECOMES WESTERLY AND

THIS WILL ACT TO LIMIT PRECIPITATION CHANCES AFTER 08Z EXCEPT FOR

THE IMMEDIATE COAST. BASED ON THE LIMITING FACTORS MENTIONED ABOVE

HAVE LIMITED POPS TO AROUND 40% AND ENDED THEM AFTER 07Z BASED ON

CONSENSUS OF THE OPERATIONAL MODELS WHICH ARE IN FAIRLY GOOD

AGREEMENT. THUS NO ACCUMULATIONS OR TRAVEL ISSUES ARE EXPECTED.

MINIMUM TEMPERATURES OVERNIGHT WILL GENERALLY BE IN THE LOWER TO

MIDDLE 30S WITH MIDDLE TO UPPER 30S IMMEDIATE COAST.

&&

My gosh the pattern looks great on the GFS after this next week. a "classic" coast to coast trough setting up and an active southern stream. Euro has moved toward this idea too so hopefully we can get a two plus week period of widespread winter weather.

It will take more than that to produce widespread winter weather. It appears when the storms get too wet there is not a true source of cold air within 2,000+ miles. But will take an active southern stream anytime, let's go go go!

It will take more than that to produce widespread winter weather. It appears when the storms get too wet there is not a true source of cold air within 2,000+ miles. But will take an active southern stream anytime, let's go go go!

Hey Wilkes........how bout we go with....... I probably have underwear older than you and I am well aware of what is needed to produce widespread winter weather. Give me the maps verbatim to where the GFS ensembles are going and there will be something for many to follow. haha.

Archived