joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

burgertime

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can agree with everything Mariettawx says. Its like I have the same thoughts he has. That post was right on. But whenever I say stuff like that, I get jumped on because of my location and nobody cares about my area. :rolleyes:

It's because you don't even live in the same hemisphere, lol.  But, trust me, some day, not so far off, if will snow in  south Ga., of course, you may be traveling at the time, but it wil snow down there :)  And we do care...I for one want, and have always wanted for you to get rain.  And I have been consistant in those matters!   T

It's because you don't even live in the same hemisphere, lol. But, trust me, some day, not so far off, if will snow in south Ga., of course, you may be traveling at the time, but it wil snow down there :) And we do care...I for one want, and have always wanted for you to get rain. And I have been consistant in those matters! T

:D . Yeah hoping for rain. This drought is getting crazy. We average 4 inches of rain and we have seen only half an inch.

Petition that Georgia becomes a different region with Florida, Mississippi, and Alabama. 

I just cannot resist posting for my first time after this comment.  I have been lurking around this site for many years to read the posts of some very top notch mets. I also know that many other posters could be very good mets with their knowledge.  I just joined recently to enjoy the attachments the posters provide. Anyone that visits this site knows that the majority of the posters are from NC. I have found myself checking to just see if the moisture made it over the mountain on a snow event or if snow actually fell in Georgia etc. I always enjoy the pics after a storm. Also, I actually love the LR discussions.  Weather is so unpredictable that it is entertaining to see if the models actually verify.  I especially pay attention to the severe weather threads. My area is tornado valley.  I have had two tornadoes in my backyard.  I do not expect snow, but we have had it many times in south central Alabama. Believe it or not I am in the Southeast.  Don't ruin all the enjoyment for others. Long range or short range who cares- Let them feel free to express their opinions without worrying about comments like this.  I for one want to read their comments about southeastern weather.

I just cannot resist posting for my first time after this comment.  I have been lurking around this site for many years to read the posts of some very top notch mets. I also know that many other posters could be very good mets with their knowledge.  I just joined recently to enjoy the attachments the posters provide. Anyone that visits this site knows that the majority of the posters are from NC. I have found myself checking to just see if the moisture made it over the mountain on a snow event or if snow actually fell in Georgia etc. I always enjoy the pics after a storm. Also, I actually love the LR discussions.  Weather is so unpredictable that it is entertaining to see if the models actually verify.  I especially pay attention to the severe weather threads. My area is tornado valley.  I have had two tornadoes in my backyard.  I do not expect snow, but we have had it many times in south central Alabama. Believe it or not I am in the Southeast.  Don't ruin all the enjoyment for others. Long range or short range who cares- Let them feel free to express their opinions without worrying about comments like this.  I for one want to read their comments about southeastern weather.

Welcome aboard, sir (or ma'am)!  Glad to have another weather-lover here.  Even if you don't feel you want to comment on patterns and potentials, we always can appreciation observation reports from all over the SE, whether it be winter, severe, or otherwise.  We need some more posters from AL, so it's great to have you.

Welcome aboard, sir (or ma'am)!  Glad to have another weather-lover here.  Even if you don't feel you want to comment on patterns and potentials, we always can appreciation observation reports from all over the SE, whether it be winter, severe, or otherwise.  We need some more posters from AL, so it's great to have you.

Welcome 12345 :)   I second the above post  :thumbsup:

Welcome! I hope you decide to comment more often. Glad to have you.

I just cannot resist posting for my first time after this comment. I have been lurking around this site for many years to read the posts of some very top notch mets. I also know that many other posters could be very good mets with their knowledge. I just joined recently to enjoy the attachments the posters provide. Anyone that visits this site knows that the majority of the posters are from NC. I have found myself checking to just see if the moisture made it over the mountain on a snow event or if snow actually fell in Georgia etc. I always enjoy the pics after a storm. Also, I actually love the LR discussions. Weather is so unpredictable that it is entertaining to see if the models actually verify. I especially pay attention to the severe weather threads. My area is tornado valley. I have had two tornadoes in my backyard. I do not expect snow, but we have had it many times in south central Alabama. Believe it or not I am in the Southeast. Don't ruin all the enjoyment for others. Long range or short range who cares- Let them feel free to express their opinions without worrying about comments like this. I for one want to read their comments about southeastern weather.

Great to have you on the board! I agree that we need more posters from ALL over the southeast. Normally here we have civilized discussions with one another with the occasional courteous southern disagreement.

Usually when we have the occasional flare up we will find the person causing problems moved in from another area. (It's amazing the different personalities you will see just based on where a person grew up)

Here's to hoping you see MORE snow and less tornados! Again..........welcome.

In all honesty the amount of quality Georgia posters has greatly increased since the early years.  It used to be all NC but GA can hold it's own these days so all of this crap from some GA posters is silly.  Yes there still are more NC posters but not by that large of a margin.  In a serious response to Wilke's post it would not make much sense to separate at least North GA from NC and SC.  Because of CAD north GA's weather is very different from AL and MS not only in winter but severe as well.  Hurricanes are fascinating and all but breaking GA out for the sake of hurricanes would be silly.  We haven't taken a direct hit in decades.  Sure Opal, Ivan, etc... gave us some fun but nothing regular to right home about.  I know the post was likely in jest but it made me think.

Welcome! I hope you decide to comment more often. Glad to have you.

Thanks all for the warm welcome.  Dixie sorry about the recent tornado.  I know how scary those can be. When those hooking red cells show up on the radar it does something to the pit of your stomach. Total dread. Once again, thanks so much for the welcome.  I have been here for a long time but never joined. Glad I did.

In all honesty the amount of quality Georgia posters has greatly increased since the early years. It used to be all NC but GA can hold it's own these days so all of this crap from some GA posters is silly. Yes there still are more NC posters but not by that large of a margin. In a serious response to Wilke's post it would not make much sense to separate at least North GA from NC and SC. Because of CAD north GA's weather is very different from AL and MS not only in winter but severe as well. Hurricanes are fascinating and all but breaking GA out for the sake of hurricanes would be silly. We haven't taken a direct hit in decades. Sure Opal, Ivan, etc... gave us some fun but nothing regular to right home about. I know the post was likely in jest but it made me think.

Not to mention NC/SC have their fair share of hurricanes. The entire SE gets impacted by them, splitting us up using hurricanes as reasoning for it would be silly.

Thanks all for the warm welcome.  Dixie sorry about the recent tornado.  I know how scary those can be. When those hooking red cells show up on the radar it does something to the pit of your stomach. Total dread. Once again, thanks so much for the welcome.  I have been here for a long time but never joined. Glad I did.

Thanks, my friend, but we were so fortunate that more folks were not lost in the storm and it spared the schools in the area.

Cheston,

I wouldn't even feed into his notion of separating GA from NC and SC. It's as ridiculous as his notion of the "sky healing" and "wet storms" never being cold enough. I am sure a lot of the NC and SC posters enjoy the "ground truth" reporting we are able to provide since we are downline from many of them. It's the same reason I will peruse Talkweather during storm events to get their downline observations.  With regards to hurricanes, Opal was in '95 and since, we have had many remnants move through but nothing as impactful, at least in this part of GA.

My suggestion: If you want snow so badly, take a trip to Utah or Colorado. Some of you really need to get off the computer for a week or two and take a vacation.

Oh and didn't some of you complainers get accumulating snow just a few weeks ago? I haven't seen that in two years. It's like listening to a bunch of screaming children (forum members) at an elementary school on here while the teachers (moderators) are trying to control it.

Got that off my chest and now I feel better. :) We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

But there's nothing like it snowing "at home", at least for me.

Petition that Georgia becomes a different region with Florida, Mississippi, and Alabama.

Who are you to suggest anything? This is the second poster you have offended in the last two weeks. You told another one on his first post to put it in the banter. Last i check we have mods to tell them that. Not the way to welcome somebody. Yea you may not like my post but i dont tell others where they belong. I dont know where you went to school but ga, ms, fla and alabama are in the southeast. Probably more se than we are here in NC. Im sure we could start a petition on banning u for some of the crazy things u say.

In all honesty the amount of quality Georgia posters has greatly increased since the early years. It used to be all NC but GA can hold it's own these days so all of this crap from some GA posters is silly. Yes there still are more NC posters but not by that large of a margin. In a serious response to Wilke's post it would not make much sense to separate at least North GA from NC and SC. Because of CAD north GA's weather is very different from AL and MS not only in winter but severe as well. Hurricanes are fascinating and all but breaking GA out for the sake of hurricanes would be silly. We haven't taken a direct hit in decades. Sure Opal, Ivan, etc... gave us some fun but nothing regular to right home about. I know the post was likely in jest but it made me think.

I wouldn't say North Georgia's weather is different than All of Alabama due to CAD. East AL and West/Northwest GA have basically the same climate. West of I-65 in AL, the weather often is different than GA, especially with regards to severe weather. I would say cities like Anniston, Gadsden, etc. have a much more similar climate to Atlanta than cities such as Raleigh, Winston-Salem, etc.

Archived