Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

burgertime

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THURSDAY NIGHT...RAIN LIKELY. LOWS IN THE UPPER 30S. LIGHT AND
VARIABLE WINDS. CHANCE OF RAIN 70 PERCENT.
.FRIDAY...CLOUDY WITH RAIN LIKELY WITH A CHANCE OF FREEZING RAIN
IN THE MORNING
...T
HEN PARTLY SUNNY WITH A CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE
AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 50S. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION
70 PERCENT.
I love it when RNK puts out a forecast like this :facepalm:  Last time I checked you needed 32 or lower for freezing rain??? :poster_stupid:

THURSDAY NIGHT...RAIN LIKELY. LOWS IN THE UPPER 30S. LIGHT AND

VARIABLE WINDS. CHANCE OF RAIN 70 PERCENT.

.FRIDAY...CLOUDY WITH RAIN LIKELY WITH A CHANCE OF FREEZING RAIN

IN THE MORNING...THEN PARTLY SUNNY WITH A CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE

AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 50S. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION

70 PERCENT.

I love it when RNK puts out a forecast like this :facepalm: Last time I checked you needed 32 or lower for freezing rain??? :poster_stupid:

Deja vu

Miss Peavy. She'd sit on the edge of the desk crossing her legs back and forth, and scan the faces for a dazed look, then she'd call on you to stand up and answer a question...knowing you were having "tent" problems, lol. All the boys in her classes looked like hunchbacks when we gave our answers. T

What a gem of a post. Did you repeat that grade?

I don't know about winter weather over the next (2) weeks. We have a 2+ inch rain storm coming to WNC. With 6 inches on the HPC map to our south-west over the next 7 days. 

source:PDF Theory 1.1 still in progress.

But it may take a big storm to change the pattern to bring us winter weather late Feb. We will see.

Exactly lol. You know its done when its this quiet.

There's just not a lot to talk about.  Our next potential event isn't for another 8+ days once the pattern (hopefully) begins to change.  Until then, it's all LR speculation, which can become rather monotonous after awhile.

If a lot of us (not including southern GA where you are ;)) don't get another round of accumulating snowfall by the end of the winter, I'll be shocked.  In fact, I'll be traveling to Hanging Rock, NC to jump off the cliff there.

I do advise you to take a gander into the SNE forum.  Some fun threads in there with the copious QPF the models are spitting out today for the system on Friday.  Boston is going to get hit hard!

There's just not a lot to talk about. Our next potential event isn't for another 8+ days once the pattern (hopefully) begins to change. Until then, it's all LR speculation, which can become rather monotonous after awhile.

If a lot of us (not including southern GA where you are ;)) don't get another round of accumulating snowfall by the end of the winter, I'll be shocked. In fact, I'll be traveling to Hanging Rock, NC to jump off the cliff there.

I do advise you to take a gander into the SNE forum. Some fun threads in there with the copious QPF the models are spitting out today for the system on Friday. Boston is going to get hit hard!

Haha you are late. I've been in the SNE NYC and Mid Atlantic forum. I like storms like these. Hoping boston gets demolished with snow and NYC.

What a gem of a post. Did you repeat that grade?

Lol, no, but one guy did.  He couldn't stand to be away from her, and we swear he messed up so he'd be held back.  Of course, she left the next year, lol.  The rest of us got Gunsard.  If Peavy was Sharon Stone, then Gunsard was Katherine Ross.  School was never as good as those two years :)   That danged Peavy was a puberity machine, lol.  T

Looks like the GFS vs. The Euro for the Valentine's storm. Does the GFS actually show a snow storm, though?

Big spread, GFS is a cutter, euro is more of a cold front/weak low moving offshore. CMC has a great miller A would work out for us here in the Mtns and are friends in Tn.  Last night it seems like the euro and gfs switched places. Yesterday the gfs had nothing and the euro was the most amped.

Big spread, GFS is a cutter, euro is more of a cold front/weak low moving offshore. CMC has a great miller A would work out for us here in the Mtns and are friends in Tn.  Last night it seems like the euro and gfs switched places. Yesterday the gfs had nothing and the euro was the most amped.

So in other words, I get nothing.

Archived