• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
February Banter Thread

burgertime

I have tons of family in Conn and MASS one of these days I am gonna do it this is for Chicopee Mass where most of my family are....they havent talked totals yet for her area but she usually does really really well although she might be to far west this time to really cash in.

Friday "Snow, mainly after 9am. High near 33. East wind 7 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%".

Friday night  "Snow with areas of blowing snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 19. Windy, with a north wind 17 to 22 mph increasing to 23 to 28 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%."

Sat  "Snow with areas of blowing snow before noon, then snow likely between noon and 2pm, then a chance of snow after 2pm. High near 21. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 100%"

and all I ask for is a 5 or 6 inch snowstorm.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dont get me wrong.  if someone gave me a free trip up there I'd take it, but man that wind is going to be cold.  if I were going to invest in a trip like that, I'd like to go when they were expecting 2 or 3 feet, but very little wind  (fi that ever happens).  man that is the best, its not that cold, and those big pancakes just fall right out of the sky. 

I figured out during the Blizzard of 1993 a motorcycle helmet makes excellent blizzard head gear.

I figured out during the Blizzard of 1993 a motorcycle helmet makes excellent blizzard head gear.

yep. and ski goggles aren't just for the slopes.

I think it has to do with age.  When I was younger I didn't think too much about the wind, or sliding off a mountain road, or a tree falling on me, but now I do. 

I'm resigned to the cooldown coming late enough that it produces more 40 degree rain.  I'm ready to start planning some spring projects.  I think I want to do something different with the flower beds in front on my house...one strip about 20 feet long and 2 feet wide in front of the porch and then a 10x10 area on the side of the porch.  I'm not sure what to do but I'm over the shrubs that have been here since I bought the house.

Mods, if this post isn't allowed in this banter forum, please remove it and accept my apologies. If it is allowed, thanks in advance for trying to help my sister out.

I'm trying to help my sister, Kathy Short, win 50 gallons of home heating oil from her local supplier. Please click the link and vote for her entry as the best. Her only income is Social Security Disability, so anything else that comes along is definitely a bonus.

http://www.parksidefuel.com/warm-our-heart-heat-your-home-contest/

Thanks, SE Crew!

I'm trying to help my sister, Kathy Short, win 50 gallons of home heating oil from her local supplier. Please click the link and vote for her entry as the best. Her only income is Social Security Disability, so anything else that comes along is definitely a bonus.

I voted. Needs more votes!

Mods, if this post isn't allowed in this banter forum, please remove it and accept my apologies. If it is allowed, thanks in advance for trying to help my sister out.

Thanks, SE Crew!

Voted.  She is currently in 2nd place, down by several votes.

Thanks, SE Crew!

now up by 7

Why is it when the Euro shows cold and snow and the GFS shows warm, the Euro bends to the GFS and when the GFS shows cold and snow and the Euro snows warm, the GFS bends to the Euro? It seems to work that way 90% of the time. :weenie:

We're going to end up wasting yet another month and have only March left. Yeah, that's going to work out. :axe:

I can't believe we're going to lose this whole month. After all this MJO crap and stratospheric warming crap, it still sucks. I know they're each just one piece of the puzzle, but if nobody knows when they work and when they don't, what the heck good are they? Might as well just flip a coin. Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!

Ok, I'm better now.

#Negative Nancy

Why is it when the Euro shows cold and snow and the GFS shows warm, the Euro bends to the GFS and when the GFS shows cold and snow and the Euro snows warm, the GFS bends to the Euro? It seems to work that way 90% of the time. :weenie:lol calm down check the ensembles. Even the euro ensembles in the 11-15 are normal to below normal for you. Pretty much from 168 thru the end of the ensemble run. Maybe a day or two where you are 2 degrees above normal. Not as cold as the gfs or as fast.

We're going to end up wasting yet another month and have only March left. Yeah, that's going to work out. :axe:

I can't believe we're going to lose this whole month. After all this MJO crap and stratospheric warming crap, it still sucks. I know they're each just one piece of the puzzle, but if nobody knows when they work and when they don't, what the heck good are they? Might as well just flip a coin. Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!

Ok, I'm better now.

#Negative Nancy

Why is it when the Euro shows cold and snow and the GFS shows warm, the Euro bends to the GFS and when the GFS shows cold and snow and the Euro snows warm, the GFS bends to the Euro? It seems to work that way 90% of the time. :weenie:

Ok, I'm better now.

#Negative Nancy

This was the way I was feeling yesterday.  I'm still #Negative Nancy but feeling better today.

Archived