EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
February Banter Thread

burgertime

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, thanks. Spring sucks. My allergies will kill me. Summer sucks. I will be sweating without relief. Fall is nice, though, though allergies can occasionally flare up. Winter is the best! :snowing:

I must say that my seasonal allergies haven't been as bad in recent years, though.

My allergies are terrible in spring summer and fall sadly. I love summer but I hate the allergies.

I am a met but I don't want others to listen to me because they think I am a met and "know it all"... 

The elementary manner in which you assert synoptic reasoning, either by directly quoting what the professionals write or basing something on pretty basic weather terms, leads me to believe you are not. If you are, I aplogize, but I have a pretty good idea which tv station you work or here in the East.

I think a lot of "negative nancys" on this board could take a lesson from the master (Widre).  Instead of constantly poopooing any positive comments he waits until people are actually buying into something to chime in.  Constantly harping on winter being over while people are just discussing possibilities is getting old.  

My allergies are terrible in spring summer and fall sadly. I love summer but I hate the allergies.

Good grief dude and you live in Waycross? You really must be miserable most of the year down there. Not saying you would do all that grand here either, LOL!  When I was stationed in Nevada is the only time I went extended periods (I am talking a year or longer) without getting sick. I do prefer the south though.

I think a lot of "negative nancys" on this board could take a lesson from the master (Widre).  Instead of constantly poopooing any positive comments he waits until people are actually buying into something to chime in.  Constantly harping on winter being over while people are just discussing possibilities is getting old.  

Well put. If winter storm could just hold off until later on the 17th, I will be very happy. I like my chances and when going to Vegas, that can be a good thing.

The elementary manner in which you assert synoptic reasoning, either by directly quoting what the professionals write or basing something on pretty basic weather terms, leads me to believe you are not. If you are, I aplogize, but I have a pretty good idea which tv station you work or here in the East.
Haha...that means you don't know me because I do not work for a tv station...

I've heard enough... Everyone say hello to Briercreekwx aka Snow86

I think a lot of "irrational Irmas" on this board could take a lesson from the master (Foothills).  Instead of constantly poopooing any negative comments he waits until people are actually buying into the demise of winter to chime in.  Constantly harping on imaginary storms while people are just discussing reality is getting old.  

:devilsmiley:

This was some of the discussion in the NE forum on the upcoming blizzard:

"CT Blizz, on 07 Feb 2013 - 18:51, said:snapback.png

19" = screw zone. lol."

19" as a screw zone........unreal, if you could you only imagine their pain!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: .

Yeah.  Pretty amazing.

New Rule:  If the name of your location includes "valley", there are people around you who will almost always get more snow than you do.

19" = screw zone. lol."

19" as a screw zone........unreal, if you could you only imagine their pain!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: .

Pfft. Unbelievable. Do they know how much I would kill for to see 19 flakes, let alone 19 inches of snow? I would be honored to be in a screw zone if that's all I'm getting from a storm down here.  :lol:

I think a lot of "irrational Irmas" on this board could take a lesson from the master (Foothills).  Instead of constantly poopooing any negative comments he waits until people are actually buying into the demise of winter to chime in.  Constantly harping on imaginary storms while people are just discussing reality is getting old.  

:devilsmiley:

Well done Mr. Burns.  You are the master of the "smartass stevens"

19" = screw zone. lol."

This illustrates why I would never move up north just because they get more snow. To think of 19" as a screw zone is insane! Up there, snow is nothing special unless it is very heavy.

Good grief dude and you live in Waycross? You really must be miserable most of the year down there. Not saying you would do all that grand here either, LOL! When I was stationed in Nevada is the only time I went extended periods (I am talking a year or longer) without getting sick. I do prefer the south though.

Yeah I'm used to it now. Up north I wasn't like this lol.

Pfft. Unbelievable. Do they know how much I would kill for to see 19 flakes, let alone 19 inches of snow? I would be honored to be in a screw zone if that's all I'm getting from a storm down here. :lol:

They are crazy up there and greedy. Hoping ctblizz gets nothing more than a foot. Lol thats still huge though.

This illustrates why I would never move up north just because they get more snow. To think of 19" as a screw zone is insane! Up there, snow is nothing special unless it is very heavy.

You now in their defense they have had a pretty crappy winter. They had like one Nor'easter  just after Sandy and have pretty much been sunk just like us. Amazing they can still be upset over getting less than 24' with this storm. . 

You now in their defense they have had a pretty crappy winter. They had like one Nor'easter  just after Sandy and have pretty much been sunk just like us. Amazing they can still be upset over getting less than 24' with this storm. . 

If they are mad about less than 24 feet - they can go to hell.

This was hinted at back when that whole "Met Mania" went down with Str8cash and Brier...I've wondered myself for a while.

I was certain it was Briar..but again a source said no. Then it got me thinking about how all those RDU folks kept pointing to the Fish's blog and how he was harping on how cold wasn't coming. Either it's the Fish or this is a big illuminati freemason conspiracy to hide lizard people. 

I know. But crappy winter or no crappy winter seems irrelevant. Not being happy with the very rare case of a massive hit of 19" of snow from a single storm? That seems absolutely ridiculous to me. My point is that expectations up there are way too high for my liking. The only special snow seems to be ridiculously heavy snow for some up there. I like the south's very modest expectations of little or nothing in a winter

I know. But crappy winter or no crappy winter seems irrelevant. Not being happy with the very rare case of a massive hit of 19" of snow from a single storm? That seems absolutely ridiculous to me. My point is that expectations up there are way too high for my liking. The only special snow seems to be ridiculously heavy snow for some up there. I like the south's very modest expectations of little or nothing in a winter

My ideal location would be in the southern va area. You will get some snow each year and occasionally a big one. Down here we just don't get enough.... Save for the mountain areas.

I was certain it was Briar..but again a source said no. Then it got me thinking about how all those RDU folks kept pointing to the Fish's blog and how he was harping on how cold wasn't coming. Either it's the Fish or this is a big illuminati freemason conspiracy to hide lizard people. 

I know the Fish, and I don't think it's him.  He has a sense of humor that would definitely come out in his posts.  I could be wrong, but I don't think it's him.

You know about the Lizard People?  Your depths are murky, and illuminating at the same time, lol.  And they would account for recent weather non events these past years.  T

Lol, your Ga centric views are showing, Larry :)  Many around these parts seem to expect 4 to 10 big snows a year, these days :)  T

Archived