e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
February Banter Thread

burgertime

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Statement out for Wilkes and Surry County...2-3+ inches already fell near Boone.

SPE.gif

Special Statement SPE.gif

Statement as of 7:55 PM EST on February 07, 2013

... A wet coating of snow is possible through early tonight... 

A wintry mix of precipitation has set in with locations at higher
elevations... above 3500 feet... reporting mainly snow. Locations at
lower elevations are reporting a mix of some wet snow... sleet and
rain. An additional inch or so of accumulation is possible through
early tonight at the higher elevations while other areas may see
just a slushy coating stick to the grass. Dense fog will also
lower visibilities along the ridges and make for hazardous driving
conditions.

Mbs

The elementary manner in which you assert synoptic reasoning, either by directly quoting what the professionals write or basing something on pretty basic weather terms, leads me to believe you are not. If you are, I aplogize, but I have a pretty good idea which tv station you work or here in the East.

This is a pretty sh_tty post....JMO...either moderate or not but don't cut down credibility unless you have a valid reason you are willing to share since we are not privy to whatever IP stuff you are looking at.

We are so screwed up.  These are comments in the Washington Examiner about a story on the NE storm.

RenegadeScholar  5 hours ago

•  
  •  

Wasn't global warming supposed to mean no more snow? Or wait... was it more snow? Warmer weather? Cooler? Oh, yeah. ANY bad weather is because of global warming. I sure wish we could live in the good old days before global warming--you know, before there was any bad weather...

DearMom  RenegadeScholar  5 hours agoDon't you mean before the liberals got their fangs into all our institutions? = The Good Old Days

planeboy  DearMom  2 hours agoYou can have all that snow..the wife and I are moving to Guam where she's from...and guess what..not one house on the island has a heater! Shorts and flip flops are all thats are required....killer fishing ( no beers were harmed ) to boot!

Leland Williams Jr.  RenegadeScholar  4 hours agoHeard they have an ice sculpture of Al Gore on a pickup truck being paraded through Boston....sponsored by Al Jazeera TV Studios

rimpy  RenegadeScholar  4 hours agoI want a world with NO DEMOCRATS/MARXIST/MURDER PIG GLOBALISTS

hoohas  RenegadeScholar  4 hours agoI wonder if Al Jazeera will be covering this.

mike  hoohas  2 hours agoHow bad do you think liberals hate conservatives. Al gore sold his media company to Al jazeera, an organazation known to be sympathetic to terrorists instead of selling it to Glenn Beck who wanted to buy it. Now Glenn Beck may be the opposition in Al Gore’s eyes but he’s still an American!! Al Gore is a sell out. I’m pretty sure he sold for less money too instead of selling to GB

planeboy  mike  an hour ago Beck did not have oil money to spend. It was way over priced to begin with. So he decided to build his own network (current TV was after that fact a thought in his thinking he could do a national cable channel) and its coming along nicely...I have to tip my hat to him for putting his money where his mouth is...disclosure I'am a Blaze subscriber. By the way Dish network just picked up The Blaze. I would bet more will follow suit in the near future.ByteRider  

hoohas  2 hours agoYou mean Al Gorezera?

Jon Hoeksema  RenegadeScholar  3 hours agoIt is no longer "global warming"...it's "climate change", covers the whole spectrum that way, don't you see? (sarcasm there)

sacto  RenegadeScholar  2 hours agoThats why they call it Climate change now. The Global warming scam did't work. Come on, I am sure if you just give Al Gore your money. The weather will be perfect every day! Right?

BajaDreamer  RenegadeScholar  2 hours agoThat depends on who you ask, what day of the week it is, how they wear their hat, whether the moon is in Saturn's house, whether or not Algore has broke wind that day, if the Obamessiah has spoken on the subject recently..........

We are so screwed up. These are comments in the Washington Examiner about a story on the NE storm.

RenegadeScholar 5 hours ago

Wasn't global warming supposed to mean no more snow? Or wait... was it more snow? Warmer weather? Cooler? Oh, yeah. ANY bad weather is because of global warming. I sure wish we could live in the good old days before global warming--you know, before there was any bad weather...

DearMom RenegadeScholar5 hours agoDon't you mean before the liberals got their fangs into all our institutions? = The Good Old Days

planeboy DearMom2 hours agoYou can have all that snow..the wife and I are moving to Guam where she's from...and guess what..not one house on the island has a heater! Shorts and flip flops are all thats are required....killer fishing ( no beers were harmed ) to boot!

Leland Williams Jr. RenegadeScholar4 hours agoHeard they have an ice sculpture of Al Gore on a pickup truck being paraded through Boston....sponsored by Al Jazeera TV Studios

rimpy RenegadeScholar4 hours agoI want a world with NO DEMOCRATS/MARXIST/MURDER PIG GLOBALISTS

hoohas RenegadeScholar4 hours agoI wonder if Al Jazeera will be covering this.

mike hoohas2 hours agoHow bad do you think liberals hate conservatives. Al gore sold his media company to Al jazeera, an organazation known to be sympathetic to terrorists instead of selling it to Glenn Beck who wanted to buy it. Now Glenn Beck may be the opposition in Al Gore’s eyes but he’s still an American!! Al Gore is a sell out. I’m pretty sure he sold for less money too instead of selling to GB

planeboy mikean hour ago Beck did not have oil money to spend. It was way over priced to begin with. So he decided to build his own network (current TV was after that fact a thought in his thinking he could do a national cable channel) and its coming along nicely...I have to tip my hat to him for putting his money where his mouth is...disclosure I'am a Blaze subscriber. By the way Dish network just picked up The Blaze. I would bet more will follow suit in the near future.ByteRider

hoohas2 hours agoYou mean Al Gorezera?

Jon Hoeksema RenegadeScholar3 hours agoIt is no longer "global warming"...it's "climate change", covers the whole spectrum that way, don't you see? (sarcasm there)

sacto RenegadeScholar2 hours agoThats why they call it Climate change now. The Global warming scam did't work. Come on, I am sure if you just give Al Gore your money. The weather will be perfect every day! Right?

BajaDreamer RenegadeScholar2 hours agoThat depends on who you ask, what day of the week it is, how they wear their hat, whether the moon is in Saturn's house, whether or not Algore has broke wind that day, if the Obamessiah has spoken on the subject recently..........

People are so stupid and twisted these days.

This is a pretty sh_tty post....JMO...either moderate or not but don't cut down credibility unless you have a valid reason you are willing to share since we are not privy to whatever IP stuff you are looking at.

It's a pretty well known fact you do not like my posting style, for whatever reason, it goes back a couple years so whatever I say usually rubs you the wrong way, and I am ok with that.  He claimed to be a degreed Met, based on reviewing his ~150 posts, the language, fluency I would expect in conveying a message is not there.  If he is, I apologize, we have a couple stations here in Eastern NC with broadcast mets who spent more time in journalism classes then they did in math+science combined, so that could be the case.  Usually the "shadow meteorologists," those who do not want a tag for whatever reason, are reserved and do not post in a pompous manner highlighting the qualification.  These may not be valid reasons in your book, but they are also not ones that defy a little bit of logic in mine.

Hi-Res NAM lays down 24 inches in NYC by 36 hours.

Wow.

The regular NAM lays down 3.48" of QPF in total at JFK.  I presume that there might be a little mixing early on (there is a slight warm nose at 900 mb early on, it appears), but I'd say 95%+ of that is snow and maybe all of it.

http://68.226.77.253/text/NAM80km/NAM_KJFK.txt

moved my post in reply to Mr. Bob's post here, his also, in addition to the original one that started the disco, basically me disagreeing with a members claim of being a met, and stating such (although I should have taken it to banter)

Self policing...the best kind of policing. By the way for those of you who are friends with me on FB...check out the map I just posted. Wowza. 

Pack is playing amazing tonight.  Duke is shooting 93% from the field and has hit 15 threes.  We left the defense in Raleigh, apparently.

Duke is just shooting out of their minds right now.  Cook and Curry were automatic in the first half.  Curry's shot off the rim at the buzzer would have given them 61 points in the first half alone.  Most Big 10 teams don't even score 61 points in an entire game...

Oh, and with Indiana losing tonight and Kansas getting blown out last night, Duke should be creeping back up toward that top spot.  Not that it really matters at this point:  April's when you wanna be number 1.

Duke is just shooting out of their minds right now.  Cook and Curry were automatic in the first half.  Curry's shot off the rim at the buzzer would have given them 61 points in the first half alone.  Most Big 10 teams don't even score 61 points in an entire game...

Oh, and with Indiana losing tonight and Kansas getting blown out last night, Duke should be creeping back up toward that top spot.  Not that it really matters at this point:  April's when you wanna be number 1.

Yeah, they're doing something really smart when it comes to basketball -- hitting open shots.  And boy, they're open.  Good for them and well done.  Maybe one day, we'll find some D.

It's really filling in though as the storm starts to develop off the Ga./SC coast.

I hope so.  If I can't get snow, at least I want some heavy rain.

I never watch The Weather Channel but have to admit I'm sitting here watching it now. This storm that will be hitting the NE has me hooked. Man, I wish I was there.

I have my first annual eval at work tomorrow, plus meetings in the afternoon, just siting here at the moment thinking of ways I could get out of them and be in the car heading north, not going to happen, this is going to be painful to watch from a far. It has been over 2 years since I've seen a good 24" snow storm with boardline blizzard conditions and the drought is reeking havoc with my psyche!

I have my first annual eval at work tomorrow, plus meetings in the afternoon, just siting here at the moment thinking of ways I could get out of them and be in the car heading north, not going to happen, this is going to be painful to watch from a far. It has been over 2 years since I've seen a good 24" snow storm with boardline blizzard conditions and the drought is reeking havoc with my psyche!

If you were heading north, you would of had to stop by Cary and pick me up.  I was just telling my wife how I wish I could chase this storm.

I feel your pain...I really would love to be up there right now!

One of these years we're going to have a SE snow chase. We could load up a couple of vans or cars and head north. Even though it's not the same as IMBY it would be fun to experience a big snowstorm w/ other weather enthusiast.

I got plenty of room in my truck. We can let wilks and brick ride in the bed

One of these years we're going to have a SE snow chase.  We could load up a couple of vans or cars and head north.  Even though it's not the same as IMBY it would be fun to experience a big snowstorm w/ other weather enthusiast.

I have said many times 6" imby is better than 18-24 in theirs, and while that remains true to some extent I have come to the realization it does not happen here with a frequency that satisfies my desire to get crushed. I have to travel for descent event, just a fact living in Eastern NC. Prefer long duration events, 30+ hours before the transition to needles and grains, 24" over that period is the most I have seen. Growing up in FL, I did not see snow until I was 10' even then it was advisory level stuff hunting in WV during late Nov. First real taste came after I went on my honeymoon in the adarandacks , circa 2002.

I can't chase this season because of the new job unless something were to materlize rather close during the weekend, but even then, I would like a solid prob of seeing a foot. I am starting to grease the upper management skids regarding this hobby, and next season will hopefully be able to leave on short notice should we have another event like this. NE and NYC threads are comical, anyone see gk's el Bloomberg post? I will try to finding and post here, on the padI, excuse the typos

Yeah, they're doing something really smart when it comes to basketball -- hitting open shots.  And boy, they're open.  Good for them and well done.  Maybe one day, we'll find some D.

Richard Howell is such a good player.  I really enjoy watching him play.  If he can hit that foul-line-extended jumper with regularity he will be even better.  Too bad he picked up his 4th foul with 9 minutes to go.

Archived