joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

burgertime

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stopped by Norman's Rare Guitars in LA today. It is defiantly the mecca of guitar collectors and a truly cool store. You can literally just walk over and pick up a $10,000 guitar just start playing it. This was their acoustic section.

My girlfriend bought a Yamaha (one of the nicer, expensive ones) and I have to admit it doesn't sound too bad with some Elixir strings.  I think it was around $500USD with case.  I'm currently playing an ESP (electric with EMG 80) since I like metal a bit more, but currently looking for a good deal on the Zakk Wylde Gibson for cheap.  Haha, I need prayers to find that cheap!

My girlfriend bought a Yamaha (one of the nicer, expensive ones) and I have to admit it doesn't sound too bad with some Elixir strings.  I think it was around $500USD with case.  I'm currently playing an ESP (electric with EMG 80) since I like metal a bit more, but currently looking for a good deal on the Zakk Wylde Gibson for cheap.  Haha, I need prayers to find that cheap!

You can get the Epi Wylde edition for pretty cheap. Throw in some EMG's or you pups of choice and you're good to go. A lot of those Epi LP's have great sustain it's just the electronics and fretwork can be pretty bad...but you know if you search around you can usually find a diamond in the rough especially the special edition Epis. I've got a Gibson LP goldtop at home with zebra humbuckers that surprisingly enough sounds really good doing metal...they are some really hot pups. 

Phils says early spring. Lolz not a surprise.

Gen. Lee in GA says 6 more weeks of winter. Who cares. Anybody could have made that kind of guess just based off of how the winter has gone so far. It's just a fun tradition I don't think needs to be taken seriously. Considering you have all the media around with cameras/lighting it can give a false impression of a shadow or no shadow anyway.

Gen. Lee in GA says 6 more weeks of winter. Who cares. Anybody could have made that kind of guess just based off of how the winter has gone so far. It's just a fun tradition I don't think needs to be taken seriously.

That thing is hardly ever right. Last year it said 6 more weeks of winter and..... yeah

I'll send it over in the AM. Going to bed with my machine still running. Best night yet as I've finally figured out how to stop my air hose from freezing up. 12" deep on my snow board in front of the machine. LOL

How much snow did you end up with?

Temp is down to 23.

Will post pics later but the max depth was 2 feet with a pretty large area of 3-6"

It's called climo....

Yep...our mountains have seen 5+ back to back winter weather events for Friday now in this pattern...some lighter than others and some spilling off the mountains every other time. Just now getting into the clipper systems it appears...

Parts of Georgia may not see winter this year tho. Glad we established that. Moving on. 

Lol the mountains? IDGAF about the mountains. How many times has it snowed in places such as Charlotte or Raleigh this year?

It has snowed just south of CLT (and here) today. Face it - as much as you dump on everyone else, we don't care about Waycross.  You live in a place that goes largely winterless.  I've been just fine this winter, and I do not live in the mountains.  Stop including anyone else in your crap - we are okay without your help.  "Help" being used VERY loosely.

Archived