joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

burgertime

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is video approximation....looks like a torn ACL....gonna be 2015 till we see a full recovery. Obviously we were able to fake out the El Nina but once the sky got to the pac jet the damage was done. 

derrick-rose-torn-acl-o.gif

This broke my heart :(  

Hey guys I got to see a ton of snow when I flew over the Rockies this morning  :weenie:

:lol: Have fun!! :D 

Here is video approximation....looks like a torn ACL....gonna be 2015 till we see a full recovery. Obviously we were able to fake out the El Nina but once the sky got to the pac jet the damage was done.

derrick-rose-torn-acl-o.gif

We're going to have to call someone up from the D-League sky. Could be a long term drought.

Spot on for our area sir. Had one little winter event, normal winter temps with the normal ups and downs and so far good rainfall over the course of the last two months.

I guess I didn't truly realize how small the area of seemingly normal winter was.  Based on the posts since mid December, if I were to look at a map of what this winter has been described as from the regular contributors and using a somewhat primitive triangulation method - it is perceived as:

sewinter1112v2.png

I wonder how close this would compare to the actual conclusions.

Well interesting snippet from a website dedicted to "healing the atmosphere"

In 1978 a group of concerned citizens came together to form a unique environmental organization. Its primary function as a non-profit Environmental organization was to research all processes that are said to heal the atmosphere.

I give up.

Still cloudy just to your south. Guess that means Johnson City and points south will see zilch tonight. Sky hasn't had a chance to bed down.

Not correct. This far beyond complex...I have to research how much rain it takes to see the atmosphere get worked over for winter weather...got to take a look at the variables. Also, I believe in theory elevation will SKEW my entire theory...will need to have different variables for every 1,000ft. (Again, just my rough draft pulling out ideas here so far...)

Why do these tornados in the south seem to be so wide and wedge like? The one on video looked like a monster! And from the Apr' 11 outbreak? Are there any rope-like tornadoes down this way?

I hear ya. If there would to be one here in Wilkes...I would imagine it would be rain-wrapped and rope-like. Probably why we never see much footage of rope-like tornadoes in NC if they are in within heavy rain.

Not correct. This far beyond complex...I have to research how much rain it takes to see the atmosphere get worked over for winter weather...got to take a look at the variables. Also, I believe in theory elevation will SKEW my entire theory...will need to have different variables for every 1,000ft. (Again, just my rough draft pulling out ideas here so far...)

will it ever stop raining in my county?

Archived