• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

burgertime

It was created two days until Feb. begins. When the heck is it relevant to create it? Haters gonna hate.

OPZvTyi.jpg

I wasn't even talking to you. He said it was wrong to post in the thread before the time actually came. Well if you don't want folks to post, why was it created before the time came for it to be created?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What? Did I sound confusing?

I always thought your handle was metalicawx but just noticed it's metalicwx.  I always assumed you were a big Metallica fan.  Where did the metalic come from?

Btw, how is Waycross these days?  I used to live in Douglas, Ga. (Coffee County) from 1989 to 1991.  I went to Ben Hill Irwin Tech in Fitzgerald, Ga. before getting a job in Marietta. I remember having to go to Waycross just to see a decent movie.  Coming from the Raleigh area it was a big change for me.

I always thought your handle was metalicawx but just noticed it's metalicwx.  I always assumed you were a big Metallica fan.  Where did the metalic come from?

Btw, how is Waycross these days?  I used to live in Douglas, Ga. (Coffee County) from 1989 to 1991.  I went to Ben Hill Irwin Tech in Fitzgerald, Ga. before getting a job in Marietta. I remember having to go to Waycross just to see a decent movie.  Coming from the Raleigh area it was a big change for me.

That's wild.  My mother grew up around Tifton, GA.  Grandmother lived in the little town of Enigma and we would go visit her during the 80's and 90's, passing through Fitzgerald along the way.  There was a little golf course there in Fitzgerald where they had a box for you to throw your money into before you went out to play...the honor system...small town America.  'Take your breath away' hot in the summer, with gnats flying all over your face to boot.  Yeah, I can imagine that being quite the shock coming from Raleigh.

That's wild.  My mother grew up around Tifton, GA.  Grandmother lived in the little town of Enigma and we would go visit her during the 80's and 90's, passing through Fitzgerald along the way.  There was a little golf course there in Fitzgerald where they had a box for you to throw your money into before you went out to play...the honor system...small town America.  'Take your breath away' hot in the summer, with gnats flying all over your face to boot.  Yeah, I can imagine that being quite the shock coming from Raleigh.

Small world...Yeah, that 1st summer there was a total shock.  I thought I was used to the heat due to spending a lot of summers at my Grandma's house just south of Atlanta but there is nothing like that south Georgia heat.  It's funny that you mentioned the gnats.  My family still talks about the south Georgia gnats to this day.  I was there for 3 years but that was about all I could take.  It was a nice area and I met a lot of great people but it just wasn't for me.

Small world...Yeah, that 1st summer there was a total shock.  I thought I was used to the heat due to spending a lot of summers at my Grandma's house just south of Atlanta but there is nothing like that south Georgia heat.  It's funny that you mentioned the gnats.  My family still talks about the south Georgia gnats to this day.  I was there for 3 years but that was about all I could take.  It was a nice area and I met a lot of great people but it just wasn't for me.

I'm assuming that these are the maneating "no see um" gnats. They are terrible. I got a report today from Savannah that they're already out in the evenings...in midwinter! Normally, they don't come out til spring. Also, I was told that the pine pollen first appeared two weeks ago in Savannah. This is similar to last winter though perhaps a hair earlier! When I saw that last winter, I was amazed about the earliness. On average, the pine pollen probably doesn't come out til close to 3/1!

I always thought your handle was metalicawx but just noticed it's metalicwx. I always assumed you were a big Metallica fan. Where did the metalic come from?

Btw, how is Waycross these days? I used to live in Douglas, Ga. (Coffee County) from 1989 to 1991. I went to Ben Hill Irwin Tech in Fitzgerald, Ga. before getting a job in Marietta. I remember having to go to Waycross just to see a decent movie. Coming from the Raleigh area it was a big change for me.

Haha. I just made up a nickname that sounded decent and that was the first thing that came to my mind. Waycross has been decent these days. Nice little town. It was also a big change for me moving from Chicago to down here. Yeah it sounds crazy.

CR .. You are always eating like a boss! Good job sir

Lol! Thanks man. You know, if you can't get snow, you might as well eat some good food up. I don't need anything fancy. A little Waffle House, some Taco Bell, some Bojangle's, Zaxby's, Cracker Barrel, and the occasional Outback for steak and I'm good. Oh, almost forgot, Arby's. :)

So, we're really grasping for straws now to see any wintry weather here in February.

Yeaup....been that way all winter.

Things started moving that way in early December and so far it appears the general pattern that set early December in with the Pacific in control will hold through February.

Yeaup....been that way all winter.

Things started moving that way in early December and so far it appears the general pattern that set early December in with the Pacific in control will hold through February.

January looked a little better. At least there was a little snow and ice here. But February looks worse.

The mood shifts on this board sometimes are hilarious. Pretty sure it was only a few days ago that the SE was abuzz with the potential for an awesome Feb. Now everyone is punting. We go through this cycle just about every week or so in winter. Somehow I think that the models will give us something to salivate over if we just wait a few days :).

I'm assuming that these are the maneating "no see um" gnats. They are terrible. I got a report today from Savannah that they're already out in the evenings...in midwinter! Normally, they don't come out til spring. Also, I was told that the pine pollen first appeared two weeks ago in Savannah. This is similar to last winter though perhaps a hair earlier! When I saw that last winter, I was amazed about the earliness. On average, the pine pollen probably doesn't come out til close to 3/1!

I know I'm glad I don't have to deal with them anymore. They could literally drive you crazy. I used to play a lot of golf down there and by the time you were done w/ 18 holes, you were ready for the insane asylum.

Lol! Thanks man. You know, if you can't get snow, you might as well eat some good food up. I don't need anything fancy. A little Waffle House, some Taco Bell, some Bojangle's, Zaxby's, Cracker Barrel, and the occasional Outback for steak and I'm good. Oh, almost forgot, Arby's. :)

That triple cheese angus is to die for.

Allan Huffman saying today in his blog that February might be warm. Looks like mid 50s to 60 all next week. That is why I want to get as much snow as soon as possible once December comes around. You can't count on February anymore. The only good snow I recall recently in February was in 09. Since the Carolina Crusher in 2000, I think most of our good snow storms have come in December and January. Winter just gets shorter and shorter.

Allan Huffman saying today in his blog that February might be warm. Looks like mid 50s to 60 all next week. That is why I want to get as much snow as soon as possible once December comes around. You can't count on February anymore. The only good snow I recall recently in February was in 09. Since the Carolina Crusher in 2000, I think most of our good snow storms have come in December and January. Winter just gets shorter and shorter.

Wrong, Dec is not a snowy month. I posted this yesterday you get more snow on average in Feb and March.

Archived