CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Disco/Nowcast/Observations for SWFE on Monday/Tuesday Snow to ice

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 1.5" new snow from 0.14" liquid so far so a little over 10:1. I've been missing most of the "best" bands so far, but right now there's some decent snow growth despite it being -SN and under the radar beam.

18F

I had 2" as of 5:15.  We are definitely getting at least an inch more....good stuff incoming and expanding over us and as it approaches.  Looks like we get a good burst starting now.  Good snow growth for sure and it is quickly picking up.

What causes the precip tomorrow?  I know Wednesday is the front, but is there a wave tomorrow?  We might get yet another inch or two tomorrow afternoon and night before the rain.  Maybe it won't pour so badly up here and an icy crust will stave off the melting.  Up to almost 6 inches in the woods here.

I had 2" as of 5:15.  We are definitely getting at least an inch more....good stuff incoming and expanding over us and as it approaches.  Looks like we get a good burst starting now.  Good snow growth for sure and it is quickly picking up.

What causes the precip tomorrow?  I know Wednesday is the front, but is there a wave tomorrow?  We might get yet another inch or two tomorrow afternoon and night before the rain.  Maybe it won't pour so badly up here and an icy crust will stave off the melting.  Up to almost 6 inches in the woods here.

Tomorrow night is more WAA precip. It won't be snow though...just R or ZR.

Dumping. I'm on the northern edge of those 30dBZ echoes in S NH, but with S winds in the low levels some of that is blowing over my head below the beam. Mark is probably getting hit hard right now.

Nice!  It is absolutely ripping here too now as this 30dbz band has lifted into town.  Another inch to get to 5" would be awesome.

jan28f.gif

Snowing at a good clip here in Falmouth, roads starting to get white. Maybe a half inch on nonpaved areas. Flakes are tiny crystals. 28 degres.

Judging from my railing, I would say we got a half inch here in Woods Hole.  We had one final dump about about an hour ago...now just some light sleet.

Archived