CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Disco/Nowcast/Observations for SWFE on Monday/Tuesday Snow to ice

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other than a 3.4" cocorahs obs from Wells, that's as much as I've seen for anywhere in Maine. (And 15X what fell at my place.)

We sat in a pretty hvy band of 1"/hr rates for 2 hrs last night after we had 1" down, The radar returns looked pretty dry up your way from about AUG north, I think this was the same band that those below were in as to the way it was oriented

...OXFORD COUNTY...   1 W OTISFIELD          4.0   752 AM  1/29   6 SSE BETHEL           3.5   705 AM  1/29   2 NE OXFORD            2.8   700 AM  1/29

Even our piles will be gone. Just a total wipeout. This is like one of those horrific 1996 cutters .

Yeah, that was pretty rough but this is nothing like that.  We had advection fog for days followed by a cutter but we got most of it back in a few weeks.  It was like we built up a massive snow pack to have it all (at least in some parts) melt away.  I was lucky to not fully lose my snow.  This is only one day with rain and temps in the 50s.  Back then we had days and days of rain with temps in the 50s and 60s.  I hold out hope for something to be left but we'll see.

Archived