joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Disco/Nowcast/Observations for SWFE on Monday/Tuesday Snow to ice

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have a hunch that this next system overperforms a bit. overrunning in these setups can get interesting.

Time to fire one up for our next winter event. Basically as it looks now a 1-3 inch snowfall for all then ice inland..Tuesday looks mehish and then Wed is a meh up until front comes thru at night.

Maybe some snow chances late next week or weekend too

Not sure if this is the right thread for the cutter but the 6z NAM in useless range cuts off a lot of energy in the SW.  It's interesting because with this most recent system we laughed at the NAM when it cut off a bunch of energy back in CA but as it turned out it was pretty close on what actually transpired.

Overrunning event on Mon has looked good to me and has been improving with just about every run recently.  Maybe we can manage a decent thump on this one before we torch it away.

I've never seen someone hate American models as much as you.

It's really not as bad a model as you think, lol. I look at the ECM on wunderground, but the GFS deserves some credit from time to time.

the king has been dethroned this year, even the NAM has been schooling it lately. GFS insisted on the cutter and longer warmth, Euro capitulated last night.

I applaud your enthusiasm, but I have zero interest in dealing with an inch or two of slop when I know it's going to torch away a day or two later. GYX has me at 47 on Wednesday and low 40s on Thursday -- pretty impressive for this far out at this time of year. 50s won't surprise me. Perfect way to round out a very forgettable January.

I applaud your enthusiasm, but I have zero interest in dealing with an inch or two of slop when I know it's going to torch away a day or two later. GYX has me at 47 on Wednesday and low 40s on Thursday -- pretty impressive for this far out at this time of year. 50s won't surprise me. Perfect way to round out a very forgettable January.

I'd prefer to go into the next cold snap with some snow cover so I'll take as much glop as I can get.

Any snow left? Was sparse when I left last weekend.

Developing low out by Chicago and a big ridge off the se coast. Classic CAD for mid week

Archived