CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Disco/Nowcast/Observations for SWFE on Monday/Tuesday Snow to ice

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tues morning, no problem, see ya wouldn't want to be ya Wed, still calling for the front to pass wed?. Hunchie, looks like mid 30's Tues to near 40 by the time we leave. Monday is snow ending as glaze but up there its a different animal. Sundays 18 runs we will know

Just weondering about the drive to Charlemont.   Could be interesting

can we just end this absolutely awful "winter" and go to spring?  I love snow and winter more than anyone but this just isn't worth it at all.  Consider this my meltdown...I'll say it before someone else can.

I seed planted my 2013 herbs 4 weeks ago, a few days after Christmas.  Basil, oregano, parsley, rosemary, and dill are all doing well under the lights. They told me to watch out for late February/early March- average temps but BIG snows. They've been prescient in the past; we'll see.

NMM has been persistently more S and E too...this is now I think some bastardized version of the old ETA, it has not done a bad job at all this winter inside 60 hours, I believe it actually never showed the busted norlun event as being anything for SNE and generally showed only the South Coast, CNJ and parts of LI seeing much of any snow as pretty much happened.

f57.gif

That's just the control run of the WRF-NMM. Penn St needs to fix their labels and remove ETA from all of those images. These control NMM and ARW runs on ewall are actually 2 SREF members too and then there's the perturbations from these.

All systems go for 2-4" at Plymouth State Wednesday. Tuesday is prob one of those days up there that holds to 33F. Wendesday is probably a torch but it should be brief and I doubt we lose much pack up there. Not sure exactly how much they have but I'll be up there midday tomorrow...finally.

Yes, winterim does get to be a pretty damn long wait, especially once all your friends at home head back to their schools by the first or second week in Jan.

I would not be surprised if Plymouth hangs tough in the 30's on Wed. Should be one of those times where K1P1 is the coldest OB in the state. May mix out briefly. Plymouth is AWESOME for snow retention even if screwed by some storms. 2 out of the 4 years I was there, I think the last of the snow melted in mid April.

I was through Plymouth yesterday, I suck at judging snow but suffice it to say, it looks like winter. Plenty of snow.

Yes, winterim does get to be a pretty damn long wait, especially once all your friends at home head back to their schools by the first or second week in Jan.

I would not be surprised if Plymouth hangs tough in the 30's on Wed. Should be one of those times where K1P1 is the coldest OB in the state. May mix out briefly. Plymouth is AWESOME for snow retention even if screwed by some storms. 2 out of the 4 years I was there, I think the last of the snow melted in mid April.

I was through Plymouth yesterday, I suck at judging snow but suffice it to say, it looks like winter. Plenty of snow.

Exactly...its such a long break. And in my previous post I obviously meant Monday for 2-4" not Wednesday lol. And yeah Plymouth holds snow better than the backyard of PF up in Northern Vermont lol. So I expect some to hold a good amount and hopefully some chances for bigger storms by next weekend/early next week.

Archived