• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Disco/Nowcast/Observations for SWFE on Monday/Tuesday Snow to ice

Damage In Tolland

It's been funny checking in on this board over the course of the day and seeing comments like "GFS on board for CNE" and "could be a nice little event." Then I check GYX and they're thinking 1" tops. Of course, the very fact that this thing has spawned an active thread is an indication of how pathetic this winter has been overall....

the afternoon package was 1-3 for me....did they lower it?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup.

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...CONCORD...HOOKSETT407 PM EST SUN JAN 27 2013.TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR THIS EVENING...THEN BECOMING PARTLY CLOUDY.LOWS AROUND 4 ABOVE. NORTHWEST WINDS AROUND 10 MPH. WIND CHILLVALUES AS LOW AS 7 BELOW AFTER MIDNIGHT..MONDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON.HIGHS IN THE UPPER 20S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS. CHANCE OF SNOW50 PERCENT..MONDAY NIGHT...SNOW LIKELY OR A CHANCE OF SLEET IN THE EVENING...THEN FREEZING RAIN LIKELY WITH A CHANCE OF SLEET AFTER MIDNIGHT.TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 1 TO 3 INCHES POSSIBLE. NOT AS COLD WITHLOWS IN THE LOWER 20S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS. CHANCE OFPRECIPITATION 70 PERCENT.

the afternoon package was 1-3 for me....did they lower it?

They have 1.1" for CON in the grids from what I added up. BOX and BTV are a bit more aggressive. NAM is coming in decent, but I'm more interested to see if the GFS improves. It's been slowly improving with that s/w riding over the ridge.

I'm just saying I could buy either of those calls. Like Scott said, this was always supposed to weaken with time which is why I'm not weenieing out over 2"/hr rates in MI. I think I'd go with 2-3" and a spot 4".

I agree. Obviously wasn't expecting a WWA up here since the criteria is 4", but timing is pretty bad. They'll prob put out a special weather statement noon tomorrow or something.

it's cold and radiating down hard...how much will that matter though?  I assume it matters but how much?

Doesn't really matter at all, actually. Radiational cooling won't make a whole lot of difference the only thing the temp. drop really signifies is that the atmosphere is quite dry and it will take a while to saturate and there will be quite a bit of evaporational cooling. 

Archived