12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Disco/Nowcast/Observations for SWFE on Monday/Tuesday Snow to ice

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are in uncharted waters regarding the climate. Agreed?

So that somehow means December is snowier and March is Spring? it simpyl doesn't work like that. The are better reasons like decadal cycles that explain snowy Decembers and Morches. We've had Morches more common prior to the mid 50s.

Law of averages which is a poor indicator but probably no worse than real long range tools that far out. Also, MJO will by early march be cycling back in our favor IMHO.

The climate hasn't changed so abruptly that march has suddenly become April.

Imo it has and I am against the idea that the climate will warm so that we totally lose winter in the future. I just think the back end of our winters will not be like they used to, hope I'm wrong.

Anyway lets enjoy today, get thru Wed and hope the last 3 weeks produce

It's possible the main "thrust" of this for SNE is only 4-5 hrs long as the dryslot will move in quick. After that it's lingering light snow and/or FZDZ.

Also, that area of heavier echoes in SW NY state may clip CT in the form of a mix late this aftn too.

The weenie bands of lighter snows looks to hang out by CNE near Dendrite and points north overnight.

Also, as the temps cool slightly aloft, areas that mix near BOS may go back to light snow.

Basically I don't think BOS seems more than 2" because this may be fractured as it moves in. However, if the heavier stuff near NY state survives..then it's possible. I would think 1-2 for BOS right now tops.

I think areas out W&N will do better.  Better lift and forcing out there.  System looks to loose it's punch as it moves E.

Imo it has and I am against the idea that the climate will warm so that we totally lose winter in the future. I just think the back end of our winters will not be like they used to, hope I'm wrong.

Anyway lets enjoy today, get thru Wed and hope the last 3 weeks produce

Wouldn't march ssts have been warmer by a large margin if that was the case?

So that somehow means December is snowier and March is Spring? it simpyl doesn't work like that. The are better reasons like decadal cycles that explain snowy Decembers and Morches. We've had Morches more common prior to the mid 50s.

And we've gained October as a snowy month. Funny how that works.

I don't think this year is a simple "Morch" but I understand why the warm forecasts are being made...and if I was in their position, I'd probably lean that way for now too. But I'm not so sure it lasts and I could see kind of a cool early spring...gulp.

I don't think this year is a simple "Morch" but I understand why the warm forecasts are being made...and if I was in their position, I'd probably lean that way for now too. But I'm not so sure it lasts and I could see kind of a cool early spring...gulp.

In this forum, warm equals no snow.  Guess they forgot December around these parts was a solid + departure month and most saw at or above climo for snowfall.

Archived