Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Disco/Nowcast/Observations for SWFE on Monday/Tuesday Snow to ice

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wish I was kidding, but they are paranoid over there...

-skisheep

They are gun shy after the event when the unpredicted snow came in what December i think. Our schools had buses stuck out on hills until 5pm so now they don't take chances. however that being said ours get out at 1 should be nice and slick so it really makes no sense! Snow here is picking up a bit still light to moderate with a coating.

Ansonia CT

I have to laugh every time i see these early school dismissals, You would think you guys live in the Carolinas

RIght? Its a joke, every mom has an SUV here, if you can drive in a dusting or coating, you have some serious issues, I remember driving on 95 back in 10-11 with feet of snow cars abandoned it was awesome!

I have to laugh every time i see these early school dismissals, You would think you guys live in the Carolinas

Same here. And in my experience, early dismissals just lead to more chaos with people scrambling to get out of work and get to their kids. Our district actually has scheduled early-release and late-arrival days to accommodate staff training, and even those are disruptive. 

Anyway, back to the weather at hand: Despite my recent sour posts I'm of course looking forward to seeing some precip. It's the only winter we've got.... 

RIght? Its a joke, every mom has an SUV here, if you can drive in a dusting or coating, you have some serious issues, I remember driving on 95 back in 10-11 with feet of snow cars abandoned it was awesome!

In this city up here, The school dept does not do early dismissals ever, There is either school or no school, And typically it all depends on the time when it falls and how much, It has to be at least 3-4" before they call it here

Same here. And in my experience, early dismissals just lead to more chaos with people scrambling to get out of work and get to their kids. Our district actually has scheduled early-release and late-arrival days to accommodate staff training, and even those are disruptive. 

Anyway, back to the weather at hand: Despite my recent sour posts I'm of course looking forward to seeing some precip. It's the only winter we've got.... 

Every town has sodium chloride, And some use a liquid calcium chloride as a pre treat...............

looks like we change over quick I guess we wait and see

THE ONLY REAL CHANGE WE MADE TO THE FORECAST WAS TO LOWER SNOW

ACCUMULATIONS A BIT IN OUR SOUTHWEST ZONES. THE WARM MID LEVEL AIR

COMES IN PRETTY QUICK ACROSS SOUTHWEST MA/NORTHERN CT...SO MOST

ACCUMULATIONS WILL BE AN INCH OR LESS IN THIS REGION. ACROSS MOST

OTHER AREAS AN INCH OR TWO OF SNOW IS EXPECTED...WITH PERHAPS SOME 3

INCH AMOUNTS ACROSS SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE THROUGH THE EVENING HOURS.

Current rad sfc/obs trend as though the last couple of NAM cycles are not moist enough for E NY - SNE (above the Pike).    Have to see how much gets absorbed by evaporation.   Still not talking about a big deal or even moderate event, just that a burst of snow might get visibility down to a 1/2 mile at times for a couple of hours given NWS' radar mosaic loop.  

Yeah that's what I'm watching over the BGM area.

In general though the radar looks putrid as Will would say. I think for many areas this will bust.

I only gave BOS around an inch with the potential for two inches if we get into a decent band or the stuff in nrn NY state holds on..but high confidence of an inch for now. Not that it matters much..lol.

Archived