CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Disco/Nowcast/Observations for SWFE on Monday/Tuesday Snow to ice

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How far south in CT do you see the freezing rain sticking around for more than a little while? Do you think Fairfield County/I 95 is going to have issues tomorrow afternoon or should we warm up enough to be plain rain?

Thanks

-skisheep

I could see freezing rain and sleet through 00z in HVN. 

Yikes, sounds like an ugly commute tomorrow night :(

Thanks again!

-skisheep

I actually take that back... I think HVN may tickle above 32 pretty quickly once the evaporative cooling ends.

GFS/NAM keep winds out of the south all day Monday throughout the state. An odd freezing rain direction lol. 

BTV going with 2-4" total and that sounds about right...

Monday: Partly sunny in the morning...then cloudy with snow likely in the afternoon. Snow accumulation a dusting to 2 inches. Highs in the lower 20s. Light and variable winds. Chance of snow 70 percent.

Monday Night: Snow until midnight...then snow likely with a chance of freezing drizzle after midnight. Total snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches. Lows around 20. Light and variable winds. Chance of precipitation 90 percent.

I actually take that back... I think HVN may tickle above 32 pretty quickly once the evaporative cooling ends.

GFS/NAM keep winds out of the south all day Monday throughout the state. An odd freezing rain direction lol. 

upton didnt even bother with an advisory for the immediate coast, so I think you are right...we'll get to 33 in no time

Hmmm...GYX thinking 1-2" for CNE...not bullish at all and they don't even have a snow map out.

Why do you want a snow map for this?  lol.  This is CNE/NNE you are talking about with 1-4" snow amounts.  Not really worthy of a snow map, IMO.  You get caught under a couple good snow showers and you can pick that up.  Though maybe this winter its noteworthy...

Anyway, I've noticed that BTV and GYX won't publicly put out a snow map unless there's a headline associated with it... and this is definitely not a 4"< advisory event.

Archived