Newest Member
    amirah5
Disco/Nowcast/Observations for SWFE on Monday/Tuesday Snow to ice

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Mitch did Plymouth close for 3" of snow when you went here? lol

The closing for everything BS started in the early 2000's from what I hear. Though it was usually nice to get a little break from classes, its gotten way over the top. People are so damn dependent these days that they cant be considered responsible enough to drive through more than a dusting of snow even in the damn white mtn foothills. Its pretty sad. It should take 10"+ and dumping to close in a place like Plymouth.

The closing for everything BS started in the early 2000's from what I hear. Though it was usually nice to get a little break from classes, its gotten way over the top. People are so damn dependent these days that they cant be considered responsible enough to drive through more than a dusting of snow even in the damn white mtn foothills. Its pretty sad. It should take 10"+ and dumping to close in a place like Plymouth.

Yeah seriously. If they close for storms like this I could theoretically get like 10-15 cancellations a year lol. Anyway we got the texts in climatology and the professor complained too. Terrible. We have a little under 2" at this point.

wish I was at 34       27.1 and mod zr now    ice jams might be fun on a few rivers around here wednesday 

Pouring rain

As I suspected my driveway is a skating rink due to the arctic blast, the ground is still frozen making for some slipper walking, roads are just fine, snow and ip just about washed away, flooding issues wed with the frozen ground?

I lost track of my dates lol, not even worth it. I gotta go back and figure out what and when.

ORH has had 3 warning criteria snowfalls and an additional advisory snowfall. The 3 warning criteria events were:

Nov 6-7: 6.4"

Dec 26-27: 6.7"

Dec 29-30: 9.4"

Advisory:

Jan 16: 4.2"

The rest has been nickle and dime garbage under 2".

Hey Mitch did Plymouth close for 3" of snow when you went here? lol

Yes, they'd close for 2" of snow and stay open for 12+". It was all about timing and nothing else.

I remember we had a 15" SWFE redeveloper on 1/28-29/09 and they stayed open. It was supposed to start around 10 AM, which it did, except they decided to hold classes anyway since it was dry at 6 AM. Once it started to snow, it began dumping 1-2" per hour by 1 PM. I think they finally called it around 2-3 PM after 4-5" of snow and the roads were a disaster. Everyone was in a panic. I remember several other occasions where things like this happened, but can't recall specifics.

Meanwhile, if we had 2-3" of snow that was actively falling around 5-6 AM, they'd often close for the day. Go figure...

Anyway, were getting a mix of snow, sleet, and freezing rain here. It's waffling back and forth, depending on intensity. 1.5" of new snow measured.

ORH has had 3 warning criteria snowfalls and an additional advisory snowfall. The 3 warning criteria events were:

Nov 6-7: 6.4"

Dec 26-27: 6.7"

Dec 29-30: 9.4"

Advisory:

Jan 16: 4.2"

The rest has been nickle and dime garbage under 2".

How much did Kevin get on 12/26?

I was trying to do the math of his 37 or whatever inches. I didn't doubt him, just trying to remember the dates.

About a half inch now here.

Archived