northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Disco/Nowcast/Observations for SWFE on Monday/Tuesday Snow to ice

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In addition to warmth and an incredible lack of snow, an on going theme has been the unbelievable progressive nature of the flow.  It seems every storm comes and goes in a flash.  How many times has what was supposed to be a fast mover move even faster than forecast.  The back edge has been visible within a few hours of onset for seemingly every "event" the past two winters.  Even the one snow storm we saw on 12/29 rocketed out of here in under 8 hours.  I know blocking has been at a premium but this is getting ridiculous.

Yeah the snow did start like 90 minutes early... I was surprised at how quickly we were able to saturate. The real reason why though is that we don't have a northerly drain of dry air. The atmosphere is just sort of stagnant so we have nothing fighting back. 

This pattern is clearly getting to a lot of people.

I'm waiting for the flizzard to start.  32.4, temp rising.  Heavy clouds.  Kids are being pre-evacuated from schools to prevent a repeat of 78'

Comment from co-worker leaving early: "128 is a nightmare with 1 inch of snow"...

Amazing how quickly we've become Virginia.

Stray flurries came in like a wall here in Longwood medical area (near Fenway)... visibility >> 1/4 mile

Archived