joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 17th-18th Winter Storm Observations

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately for the AVL folks it looks like the deformation band jumped over the mountains, like it has often been known to do and is really becoming better established over the piedmont. For those in Upstate SC though, this is actually perhaps some good news and as the 850 hPa temps continue to crash down, there may be a meaningful period of snowfall across the higher elevations of the upstate (1000 ft and above). We'll have to see how things evolve since most areas in upstate SC still have temps in the low 40's. 

Find me a place in Albany, Phil. :)  I'm sure these frustrations are few and far between.

I saw quite a bright flash of lightning with the thunder a few minutes ago.  Started seeing flakes mix in shortly before 7...20 minutes later everything was covered including the road in my neighborhood.  It is remarkable how fast that happened.

We went from rain, wind, to heavy sleet, to thunder snd lightning and now heavy snow. Deck and cars covered.

We had 2 really good snow years, but looks like we are back to the pattern that existed before those 2 good years. I still have snow, but it's very light. Glad for my fellow NC, TN, VA people who are getting snow!

Boy it sure does seem that way Jason. I am about ready to say bust for Buncombe!

Just wanted to add thanks to Phil for his input in the disco.....hhhmm about the time he left AVL it seems the snow did to!

Archived