e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Chill Storm Discussion and Obs

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going back to more snow in Dundalk, the brighter bands are breaking down and snow coming back even to where wxmeddler is. Interesting, and the secondary seems to be developing down in SC as we speak.

Was it originally modeled that way? Could we have more surprises in store?

Going back to more snow in Dundalk, the brighter bands are breaking down and snow coming back even to where wxmeddler is. Interesting, and the secondary seems to be developing down in SC as we speak.

Just a shade under 2" here now. Still all snow here and the weenie radar shows the cold air trying to work back down the Apps. I'm beginning to wonder if it's possible for just northwest of here to stay all snow for this. A change-over to something else besides snow is inevitable here, but this is great so far.

Just a shade under 2" here now. Still all snow here and the weenie radar shows the cold air trying to work back down the Apps. I'm beginning to wonder if it's possible for just northwest of here to stay all snow for this. A change-over to something else besides snow is inevitable here, but this is great so far.

It will definitely last longer frozen, the cold air is really trying. This very cold ne wind is definitely helping. Sleeting now, but could go back to snow soon.

Did DCA get any accum?

I dont know yet...I'm guessing 0.2?...but you never know with DCA.....at 9:30...Mt Vernon spotter had 0.3" and that is 10+miles south right on the river...Oxon Hill in PG county across the bridge had 0.2.....I had ~0.3/0.4 and it was sleeting steadily and accumulating when I left home at 9:30...but DCA is a travesty....you certainly got at least 0.5" in CLE Park...NE DC spotter reported 0.5" at 10:30..I might revise to 0.25" depending on other readings close by and DCA...DCA never got below 33-34 and I was 32 so not sure

A quick comparison shot to show what the sleet and freezing rain has done to my precious snow:

122612_snow4_zpsea0dde8e.jpg

Wow great. Hoping for that here, but east wind disaster will be around.

Off topic, but I just noticed you're in Dorchester....my wife's grandparents live in Dorchester, so I make it up that way a couple times a year usually.

S of 11am, additional 1.2" of snow before the latest changeover on top of the 0.2" from the first batch. Headed to a cabin north of Oakland, MD and am in SN+ in Frederick.

Anyone in Clarksburg, I'd appreciate a snow total when this is all over since I won't be there. My last ob was 1.4" at 11am so anything beyond that would be great.

Noon and still snowing well in many spots. Bust?

Half bust, Annapolis and DC did end up seeing snow and the .15 to.3 QPF did work out. The timings were a compromise of the GFS and RAP/HRRR. The cold air at 800mb held on a bit longer and we're overperforming. The RAP was actually pretty decent in this event.

A quick comparison shot to show what the sleet and freezing rain has done to my precious snow:

122612_snow4_zpsea0dde8e.jpg

Off topic, but I just noticed you're in Dorchester....my wife's grandparents live in Dorchester, so I make it up that way a couple times a year usually.

Nice, yeah I like this area we are in.

Archived