12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Son of Sandy Observations/ Nowcast Nov 6/7

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just a hair under 6 inches here at 715 elev, two miles away at my brothers hes got 3 inches, hes at 500 ft, 200+ ft elev ftw, if we can get another band in here we'll break 6 inches

Snowman.gif

nice job man. I'm at similar elevation 30 miles WNW and just a trace here. Btown behaves more like CEF and Will hit it on the head with his analysis of CEF earlier. Couldn't saturate the column in the Valley. Eastern side of the Quaboag hills are better for snow, more like ORH and occasionally TOL.

Snow picked up a bit here in the last few minutes, should easily break 6 inches, what do you have in Worc Will? I was there this afternoon and theres not much happening except for some decent winds.

I measured 3" about 45 min ago..maybe an hour ago. Coming down good right now though. We might have a shot at 6" here. ORH took longer to start snowing than where you are.

I feel ya. Hang though. Surely, you'll get yours this winter (when many of us get the shaft).

This is an early season freakshow.

That's the thing, despite the W Ma shutout I'm psyched many folks are seeing snow tonight especially with the evolution of the storm providing a lot of surprised weenies.

In 5 years out here last year was the only year under 50" so I'm not concerned about an early swing and a miss.

Heavy, heavy nothing.

Temp up to 38F with dews in the single digits. Tough being on the outside looking in.

not a flake here just north of concord. sitting at 34, I think that was about the high temp today. pretty funny seeing the posts not to far south of us with measurable snow, and nothing here

Snowman.gif

nice job man. I'm at similar elevation 30 miles WNW and just a trace here. Btown behaves more like CEF and Will hit it on the head with his analysis of CEF earlier. Couldn't saturate the column in the Valley. Eastern side of the Quaboag hills are better for snow, more like ORH and occasionally TOL.

Even the Berkshires and the Monads got killed by the dry air. Not often you see the SNE mountains get shutout in a Nor'Easter.

I've had plenty of snow the last 5 years including some big jackpots so no one has to feel sorry for me...I'm not even sorry for me. It's just always more boring on the sidelines.

Congrats again to all of you though. Quite the overperformer in spots.

Yeah, wasn't expecting anything more than flakes mixing in to be honest. Even the Euro wasn't totally sold for my area, NAM flopped back and forth on warmth, and the GFS alone cannot be trusted.

Weird how it's really thrown itself together. I'm thrilled.

Wine.

I dont knwo what just happened...but we just got two massive gusts of wind and the snow is coming down way harder than it was before...even though the radar hasn't really changed...some sort of fundamental shifts in the radar to ground truth just occured. Pretty cool. Absolutely ripping now.

I dont knwo what just happened...but we just got two massive gusts of wind and the snow is coming down way harder than it was before...even though the radar hasn't really changed...some sort of fundamental shifts in the rada rot ground truth just occured. Pretty cool. Absolutely ripping now.

You're posts are making me physically ill. lol, seriously, that's awesome.

Looks like its snowing a little north of MHT now?

You're posts are making me physically ill. lol, seriously, that's awesome.

Looks like its snowing a little north of MHT now?

MHT has a dewpoint fo 10F, lol. Not sure its snowing there or anywhere north...maybe higher terrain is choking out a few flakes. PSM finally started snowing...mixing with RA.

Yup. I feel similarly to you, which is to say, I'm not mad about it. Good to see people getting on the board early. Taste of winter to take the edge off the warmup.

So bizarre how bad they are getting killed in the valley. BAF is 34/21 (!!) with RA-. That dewpoint depression is gross considering at one point they were snowing pretty good.

I dont knwo what just happened...but we just got two massive gusts of wind and the snow is coming down way harder than it was before...even though the radar hasn't really changed...some sort of fundamental shifts in the radar to ground truth just occured. Pretty cool. Absolutely ripping now.

Will I posted about 5 mins before you the same thing. I have to think that the atmosphere is raught with convective wet microburst type. Do you have barometer readings traced?

Archived