12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Son of Sandy Observations/ Nowcast Nov 6/7

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the past 3 years have been spent with all meteorological focus on an area from hartford to new london and down to atlantic city and back up through the hudson valley. Wow...what a couple year run for you guys. Norlun troughs...irene...sandy...boxer day...you guys have been the epicenter of it all down there...congrat to you...starting to get jealous up here in the massachusetts snow hole of metro west boston

the past 3 years have been spent with all meteorological focus on an area from hartford to new london and down to atlantic city and back up through the hudson valley. Wow...what a couple year run for you guys. Norlun troughs...irene...sandy...boxer day...you guys have been the epicenter of it all down there...congrat to you...starting to get jealous up here in the massachusetts snow hole of metro west boston

You forget the epic storms that dumped on us and screwed them for years.

What a wonderful evening! I just spent an hour outdoors with the dog. Snowing, blowing, cold....probably 3-4 inches down and still coming in with some final bands, I'm amazed.....Beacon St, Harvard St, all the main roads snow covered. Several inches of snow on the sidewalk. It's 11/7....amazing!

You forget the epic storms that dumped on us and screwed them for years.

oh yeah I know..but they have defied climo down there in an astonishing way. 8 inches of snow on the ground at my brother hous in central jersey one week after a hurricane made landfall in his town...that is unprecedented in any part of the world

What a wonderful evening! I just spent an hour outdoors with the dog. Snowing, blowing, cold....probably 3-4 inches down and still coming in with some final bands, I'm amazed.....Beacon St, Harvard St, all the main roads snow covered. Several inches of snow on the sidewalk. It's 11/7....amazing!

What a difference from here to there, although it's nice to get some acc.

Do you have any snow where you are?

What have you got? I notice the PNS has 2 for Allston as of about 3 hours ago and we had a nice band move through probqbly for another 1-2 until around 10:30.

0.7" on the grass and car top. Too bad the bands diminished just as the temp dropped below 32.0

Well I had about 4.2" as of a couple hours ago here in west Hartford....measure again in the morning....awesome storm....loving that it's 11/6 and I'm loving every minute of it

Do you have a measuring board or what do you use to measure snowfall totals?

My location absolutely sucks to get a great accurate measurement. I came up with 3'' :lol:

I need to get a measuring board and find some place around my street to place it

did anyone see the latest RUC or whatever its called now...Will? Steve? It shows a big band over E CT up into ORH and a lot more precip over the next 9 hours. Even if it switches, sfc temps are like 26 right now. Would be bad news no?

Yeah the RUC (RAP...still cant call it that) smoke eastern and central areas between now and 12z...but MLs warm...so there could be some glaze in spots. Sfc temps will creep up though.

Do you have a measuring board or what do you use to measure snowfall totals?

My location absolutely sucks to get a great accurate measurement. I came up with 3'' :lol:

I need to get a measuring board and find some place around my street to place it

I suppose I should get my snowboard out...I just went around the property and took 5 measurements on any flat surface I could find.....pretty rough actually but I ranged from 4.0" up to 4.6"....average was 4.2"....I'm sure I'm not doing it like I should be...

Archived