Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Son of Sandy Observations/ Nowcast Nov 6/7

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose I should get my snowboard out...I just went around the property and took 5 measurements on any flat surface I could find.....pretty rough actually but I ranged from 4.0" up to 4.6"....average was 4.2"....I'm sure I'm not doing it like I should be...

I really need to get myself one. Where I live it's so hard to find a spot to measure.

Measuring on pavement (especially for this storm) will yield to you lower totals b/c here at least it took a while to really start accumulating on the pavement, the grass in my yard is so damn tall so that inflates the totals (also I run into structure interference from the house), only thing I could really do is measure on the top of my garbage barrel (which I stopped relying on quite a few hours ago), and i measured on the grass in the island which is shorter but only came up with 3'' and this was like 20 min ago.

I really need to get myself one. Where I live it's so hard to find a spot to measure.

Measuring on pavement (especially for this storm) will yield to you lower totals b/c here at least it took a while to really start accumulating on the pavement, the grass in my yard is so damn tall so that inflates the totals (also I run into structure interference from the house), only thing I could really do is measure on the top of my garbage barrel (which I stopped relying on quite a few hours ago), and i measured on the grass in the island which is shorter but only came up with 3'' and this was like 20 min ago.

Yeah the pavement measurement I took was the low one and the two grass ones I took were high....I think the best surface I have is my table out on the deck....that one came in at 4.3".....the highest measurement I took was on the deck but I think the area drifted a bit so I probably should have tossed it....it's tough on my property dud to grass or tree cover or too close to house....

RAP/RUC FTW...great snow right now.

rsap9w.jpg

this band is nice, I hope it stays put for a minute, you look to be in better shape than me with all that precip near PVD up to Boston...I've just got to death dryslot coming lol. Radar is suggesting it is snowing much more heavily than it is here. Did you see my above post about storm movement?

Archived