• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Son of Sandy Observations/ Nowcast Nov 6/7

Baroclinic Zone

We got shafted. Foxboro area was the best around here. BOX had 1.1". I had a bit less.

Thankfully i was just far enough north and or inland to score in snowtober and last Novie, i dont mean to dis the se mass area but growing up there it was a challenge to watch areas from mansfield over to Brockton constantly be a snowy area while we would rain, i would curse that freakin line and pray we would hold the coastal front but i can not recall ONE single time where we did. If i grew up 5 /6 miles west in Norton or Mansfield or nnw in say north Easton i would have had a happier childhood,lol

Now i just moved 3 miles south (aghhhh) to northern section of Melrose Mass, here's hoping the wx isn't much different in marginal set-ups (at least i didn't move east.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thankfully i was just far enough north and or inland to score in snowtober and last Novie, i dont mean to dis the se mass area but growing up there it was a challenge to watch areas from mansfield over to Brockton constantly be a snowy area while we would rain, i would curse that freakin line and pray we would hold the coastal front but i can not recall ONE single time where we did. If i grew up 5 /6 miles west in Norton or Mansfield or nnw in say north Easton i would have had a happier childhood,lol

Now i just moved 3 miles south (aghhhh) to northern section of Melrose Mass, here's hoping the wx isn't much different in marginal set-ups (at least i didn't move east.

I lived in Brockton for 17+ years and we were always on the fence in merginal events...but usually ok. When I went to HS in Taunton..the change in wx was sometimes quite noticeable...especially in the '92-'93 winter. Although I did not start HS until Sept '93, I had to go back and forth a lot for various different reasons and the difference in snow was noticeable. BOX on the NW side of Taunton would do better than even Taunton green 5 miles SE.

I was on the Vineyard for Son of Sandy. Had an emergency dental appointment on the 7th and the wind was just ridiculous. A friend of mine picked me up and took me into Vineyard Haven so I could get groceries. The waves were coming over Beach Road.

In fact, we were the last vehicle to travel down Beach Road before they closed it.

Didn't TWC call the storm "Athena" or something of that nature?

I was on the Vineyard for Son of Sandy. Had an emergency dental appointment on the 7th and the wind was just ridiculous. A friend of mine picked me up and took me into Vineyard Haven so I could get groceries. The waves were coming over Beach Road.

In fact, we were the last vehicle to travel down Beach Road before they closed it.

Didn't TWC call the storm "Athena" or something of that nature?

yea that was a great storm wind was fantastic

holy heck

Yeah, last winter was awesome for this storm/snow lover. It motivated me to pick up on meteorology again when I go back to school in January.

Am hoping to see some flakes soon.

I will be updating my chronology of Massachusetts snowfall to include last winter (Currently I'm in the winter of 2004/2005.)

Archived